Printer recomendations please......

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by danny daniell, May 7, 2007.

1. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Around £100 mark although i could stretch a little further if you think it`s worth it.

Cheers guys,

Danny :)

2. Explorer900

Explorer900

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want a dedicated printer rather than an 'all in one' i.e. printer, scanner & copier then I suggest looking at the HP 7160. This uses 6 individual ink cartridges and is the most ink efficient printer system on the market at present.
    Up to 97% of the ink in the cartridges goes onto the paper. Any 'priming' ink is reused as it goes back into the cartridges with no deterioration in quality.

Compare this to other makes such as Canon & Epson that need to prime the print heads - this priming ink then goes into a 'nappy' in the base of the machine and this necessary process can use up to 40% of your expensive ink.

Using HP's own manufactured 'Vivera' inks and HP branded paper you get very good quality and excellent lightfastness too.

The quality of print from Canon & Epson is very good too and from all of the machines available, Canon probably has the edge, especially for photographic quality prints. Overall though HP will give you good performance, great quality & value for money. Check out some other reviews of this system for your own interest.

Do I sound like I work for HP? Well not directly but I've been demonstrating/selling their machines in PC World for about 6 months so know quite a lot about this market.

3. DiBosco

DiBosco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would also thoroughly recommend HP for printers, they are second to none in build quality and reliability. I would always go for a laserjet rather than an inkjet though, inkjets cost so much to run and are a right PITA in general.

Of course, if you're wanting to print high quality images, a laserjet's prohibitively expensive.

4. contraste

contraste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    For B&W laserjet, commercial HP printers are superb.
    I got a HP 4100DTN, complete with duplexer (for printer on both sides of paper) and fast ethernet card on eBay for £50 (inc. delivery) .
    A clean up and a new toner (eBay again, genuine HP brand new toner for £12) and I now have a great printer.
    There are loads of second hand HP (and other brands) office printers available and they are so much better than budget home printers.