Printer problems HP1280 A3 size

peshi

Standard Member
Reaction score
My HP Deskjet 1280 does not have the print settings I want as Apple and HP dont have upto date drivers for it.
Is there any apps that will help me.

I'm trying to save a file as pdf but A3 size option is no longer there.
Ive rang Apple and they dont give a toss and HP dont either.

Dont want to buy a new A3 printer as mine is still in very good condition

You should change the page setup to A3 from within the application you used to create or open the file with. Save as PDF will then automatically save the file as A3 without having to choose a page size. Your printers driver has nothing tp do with saving a file as a PDF. Neither will changing the paper size scale or rearrange what is on the page accordingly.

Last edited:
I know that thats what I used to do but the A3 option is faint and it does not let me choose it any more.

Even when I go into system preferences it does not give me the A3 option, I used to set it on A3 as a default.

I know that thats what I used to do but the A3 option is faint and it does not let me choose it any more.

Even when I go into system preferences it does not give me the A3 option, I used to set it on A3 as a default.

What doesn't let you choose it? What are you using to open the file with and what application are you trying to print it from? What is the type of file you are attempting to print and is the document an A3 document?

The print command doesn't give you page size options and you need to change the documents Paper Size via an application's Page setup. Change the Page settup Document size to A3 and then save as PDf.

PDF is a file format and will save all attributes of a document without any need for a printer or print driver. The ability to save/print as a PDF has nothing to do with your printer.

If you have issues with the page setup still not displaying A3 then select "any printer" and A3 should then become an option regarless of your printer or print drivers present. Save this as a PDF.

OPen the file in a suitable application. Go to "Page Setup" and select "Any Printer" from the printer options/format. A3 should now be an option from within the Paper Size options and regardless of your printer or drivers. Now save this as a PDF via the print command.

Last edited:
Just tried setting page as any printer to A3 that work fine then when I click save to PDF to print it suggests A3 paper size but A3 won't select as its shaded out. This never used to be like this and also printer setup does nt have the A3 option anymore either.

Trying to print a A3 Archicad file

Ive not tried the printer driver links yet just downloading

Just tried setting page as any printer to A3 that work fine then when I click save to PDF to print it suggests A3 paper size but A3 won't select as its shaded out. This never used to be like this and also printer setup does nt have the A3 option anymore either.

Trying to print a A3 Archicad file

Did you also change the printer to "Any Printer" in "Page Setup"? You need not select a printer while in the Print dialogue if saving the file as a PDF. Just save the dicument as a PDF anfd if you've change the Page Setup to A3 then the result PDF will be A3.

Last edited:
I like the driver i installed i now have features such as greyscale printing, quality options and ink levels, but when i click print it don't print, its as thought its not talking to the printer.

Sorted the A3 option problem, i clicked portrait or landscape then the A3 option appeared.

Thanks for this great help just need to get prater to talk to new driver, it will be like owning a new printer as not had these options before on my mac.

Don't know why apple or HP can't give same support

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom