• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Printer Problem TWAIN and WIA

Geff

Standard Member
I am having problems with my Epson Perfection 3490 photo scanner.

I scan 2 or 3 documents successfully with the Epson software and then get a message “Cannot properly communicate with the scanner check connections etc. If using SCSI connections restart the computer”

If I try scanning in Microsoft Office Document Scanner I get a message “You have chosen a WIA scanner driver which may cause problems, check updates for WIA or TWAIN scanner driver”

The scan then fails and I get a message “ Unable to initialize scanner. Check connections and software”

I have found a TWAIN driver for the scanner from Epson. I reinstalled the scanner with the original software and the same problem occurred. I then installed the TWAIN driver and again had the problem.

I am still getting the message in MOD Scanner that I have chosen a WIA scanner driver which may cause problems.

Any suggestions how I can cure this problem.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom