Printer problem - any suggestions?

Lola Baron

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a HP 2400 printer connected to my PC. I have been trying to print a letter from MS Word (and I also tried pasting into Notepad) and every time I try the printer scrolls out one blank sheet of paper then stops. If I print a picture it works fine. If I print a document in MS Word which includes a table the table borders get printed but not the text inside the cells. So basically my printer isn't printing text.

How can I fix this?

Most Printers use a dedicated black cartridge for printing text so it is quite possible that text only is affected - table borders would not be printed with text characters.
1) Check the ink levels in the cartridges, if any are low they need replacing ideally with HP cartridges

2) Clean the cartridges
a)In the HP Solution Center, click Settings. In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox.
b)Click Clean the Print Cartridges.
c)Click Clean, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

3)Clean the contacts
Turn on the printer and open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the centre.
Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
Lightly press down on the print cartridge to release it, and then pull it towards you out of the slot.
NOTE: Do not remove both print cartridges at the same time. Remove and clean each print cartridge one at a time. Do not leave a print cartridge outside the HP All-in-One for more than 30 minutes.
Inspect the print cartridge contacts for ink and debris buildup.
Dip a clean foam rubber swab or lint-free cloth into distilled water, and squeeze any excess water from it.
Hold the print cartridge by its sides.
Clean only the copper-colored contacts. Allow the print cartridges to dry for approximately ten minutes.

Last edited:
It seems unlikely to be a hardware issue if it's printing black lines that make up tables but not black lines that make up text.

What happens if you try to print from a different device?

I think your better off trying to reinstalling the drivers or updating them to be honest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom