Printer not Printing

laserbeam

I have a Brother printer which seems to have stopped printing and wondered if someone could give me some advice.The model number is DCP-J315W.I tried to do a factory reset by pressing the menu button then network then network reset.You are then supposed to press the + sign to choose yes but nothing then happens it just goes back to the menu screen.My OS is Windows 7

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
How are you connecting to the printer? Will it print a copy from the scanner? Which software do you have? Do you get an error on your PC when you try to print?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
If you have reset the network settings you will need to re-enter these and ensure the printer is on the same network as the computer you want to print from.

Worth re-booting your router at the same time.

If you use only 1 computer to print from, run the Brother print app to discover and reestablish the link to your printer.

laserbeam

I have just clicked on menu then network then set up wizard searching SSID Plusnet-xtgt OK then entered the wireless password apply settings connecting WLAN connected ok printed WLAN Report.Tried to print document but would not print checked print queue and docrument was listed so not sure what to try next.Will now reboot the router and see what happens.Have just rebooted the router and it is now printing so will keep a eye on it