• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Printer/film scanner combo?? Help required in choosing

sivraj494

Hi guys,

Well what with me going to do photography A-level in september I am looking for a printer that can scan film negatives as I think that will be better than scanning the prints that I get.

I have looked at the Epson DX6000 and I think this is ok, but I can't find on the website that it says it does scan negatives.

Does anybody have any thoughts of a printer that will be able to do this for me?? I would rather it is a printer incorporated as to save space on my desk.

Cheers, Jarvis

I

imcarm

What about the Epson RX700-PHOTO which does print from negative film? Although might be far more than you were looking to spend.

I've checked the specs for the Epson DX6000 and I cannot see that it will print from negative film.

sivraj494

I couldnt find the RX-700 on the website only the RX-640. I don't need it to print from the negatives, I just want to be able to scan the negatives onto my computer for use later, as I believe this will be better than sending the film away to be printed and scanning those prints, which would be at 6x4.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom