Printer Advice

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by LMD, Apr 19, 2007.

1. LMD

LMD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Guys,

Looking to buy a decent printer for my new iMac and would appreciate any advice on models I should look at.

I'm looking for something easy to use, realiable and capable of printing excellent quality photographs.

Any suggestions?

2. stuart07970

stuart07970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +359
    You don't mention your budget or how much space you have,

but i've found the Hewlett-Packard sub £100 printers to be very good for the money and are often heavily discounted,

but i also have a wireless HP 1022nw laser-printer which rocks!
    Yes, it is only black and white, but that suits 95% of my printing needs, the rest i do on the photo printer.

Laser's are so cheap now, cheaper to run, ans sooo much faster,
    mine gets the first page out from 'cold' in 8 seconds.

And with it having built in WiFi you can print to it from wour mac or windows machines.

My main moan about photo printers that I've used is that they never seem to completely dry out. My problem is that I'll print something out, leave it for a couple of days to dry, but when i put it into a frame, parts of the picture stick to the glass, as if it were still wet! (Which it can't be!):(
    My 2p!

3. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I have one of those cheapy HP mutli function boxes. Cost me £50 a couple of years back. For me it serves its purpose well. For photos, I have an Epson PictureMate sub dye printer which is pretty good value especially for £78. The pictures it produces is really good :)

As stuart said, you need to know what you want to spend and what you want to use the printer for.

4. LMD

LMD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the input guys.

Really looking for an all-in-one solution I guess. I wont be printing much but I do want something that will print photos and colour pages to a decent standard.

Built-in wireless sounds good, size-wise the smaller the better.

Happy to spend £200-£300 if it gets me what I want.