1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer advice needed!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Toffeeman, May 12, 2005.

1. Toffeeman

Toffeeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, I'm after a good quality printer to print hundred(s) of pictures. I own a digital camera and XD memory card, so I would like the printer to be able to handle this. I was hoping somebody could recommend a printer, and whether certain printers / cartridges can print MANY good quality pictures (?).
    Thank you..

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you have 100's i'd save some money and use an online printer like photobox or ophoto. It will cost you a good bit more in ink and paper then it would to simply have someone like jessops do 50 for £5 or then it will to do it at home

But if you want to go down that the route the epson RX300 is a good priced quailty printer

3. Toffeeman

Toffeeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks,
    I couldnt find the epson RX300, but I did see a few R300 's.
    Also, sorry to be ignorant, but what do you mean by online printers like photobox and ophoto ?
    Thanks

4. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Online printer where you upload your photos and and order them to be printted. www.photobox.co.uk you should get ten free prints and 50mb of free space to have an online album to share when you reg

5. ramseyculdesac

ramseyculdesac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got a r300 for my birthday in april.

It prints really well, even though i havent yet managed to configure my screen with it yet.

Though after only about twenty prints at high res. and about A4 size, it seems my black may be running out. not sure if this is about right for printer inks or not.

But quality wise it is excellent.

6. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,566
    I think that just echo's what Seany already stated. For hundreds of photo's you are much better of using an online print service. It is just false economy to think that you can do it cheaper yourself, especially when you start taking time into account as well.

I think a good quality home photoprinter perfectly compliments the online services. Online services I tend to use for bulk printing and my wife puts them in an album...Individual copies can then easily be made from the computer for friends and family.