1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print to canvas & large prints

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Astaroth, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Hi all

I have been looking at getting 2 of my pictures professionally printed - I want one to be printed on A3 paper and the other I have considered having done on canvas (again arround A3 size)

Having looked arround a number of companies online I am surprised how small the minimum (and recommended) image size (in pixals) are - given it is double the size of A4 paper they only suggest a small increase over their min & recommended for A4

I have a Sony T33 camera which is 5mp and therefore the photos uncropped are slightly over the recommended size - Do you agree that the photos will be suitable in resolution to print to this size? is there any difference in resolution requirements between paper and canvas? I would have thought there was but for same size the sites recommend same resolutions.

Has anyone got any companies that they would particularly recommend for this? (esp canvas printing)

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Can't recommend anyone - but for canvas printing it's genreally done at a lower DPI and is generally viewed from a greater distance...