print spooler sub app

daz079

Standard Member
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody could help me with a problem I have since I purchased a printer? I apologize in advance if this subject has been covered before, or I have posted it in the wrong place.
A few months ago I installed a Lexmark X4975 printer which is connected via wifi to both my laptop and desktop (both Vista 32bit)
More often than not and more so on my desktop than laptop when i power on my sidebar doesn't run, then a box appears in my taskbar called "Interactive sevices" so I click on the box and see a message "A program on your desktop wants to show a message" so I click to show and I'm told print spooler sub app has stopped working.
Then my sidebar loads and all appears fine. This doesn't happen all the time, but quite frequently and appears to occur more often on my desktop than laptop even though the dektop is used much less.
This has only started happening since the printer was connected, any solutions or advice would be appreciated as it is slightly annoying at times, thanks

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Try looking in the event viewer to get more details and see if you can find out whether it's the Windows Print Spooler or a lexmark one.

Does the message appearing have any relation to whether the printer is turned on?

Have you got the latest software for your printer from lexmark's website?

daz079

Standard Member
Hi, thanks for your reply and sorry I didnt reply immediately. I have looked in the event viewer and as best as I can tell I think I have found it. I have never been into the event viewer before so forgive me if I have made a mistake. I've copied it below:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 02/06/2009 09:35:04
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: daz-laptop
Description:
Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791956c, faulting module lxdrcomc.dll, version 8.4.13.0, time stamp 0x481ba313, exception code 0x40000015, fault offset 0x00055a3c, process id 0x644, application start time 0x01c9e35c41b037a5.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-06-02T08:35:04.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>44320</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>daz-laptop</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>spoolsv.exe</Data>
<Data>6.0.6001.18000</Data>
<Data>4791956c</Data>
<Data>lxdrcomc.dll</Data>
<Data>8.4.13.0</Data>
<Data>481ba313</Data>
<Data>40000015</Data>
<Data>00055a3c</Data>
<Data>644</Data>
<Data>01c9e35c41b037a5</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I don't understand any of that myself but if you do I would be grateful to hear. The original message should be below' Thank you

printerror.JPG

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Did you check whether you've got the latest version of the lexmark printer software for the X4975 as it appears to have been updated recently.

If that doesn't help I would search for the lxdrcomc.dll file on your system and bring up it's properties - nothing comes up when searching for that on the internet so it seems like it's something unusual.

daz079

Standard Member
Yes there was an update available, which I have just installed on both machines. This wasn't available in the first couple of weeks of having the printer. I shall give it a few days to see if the problem still occurs. I'll keep you informed and again thanks for your advice.

daz079

Standard Member
Hi again, the updated software hasn't changed the problem. I assume it must be something to do with another file or program conflicting with the spooler app, although both computers have many different programs and one of the only things other than iTunes they share in common is Norton360 and the Lexmark software aside from the OS. Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom