1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print server help

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Timh, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I have recently installed a Netgear DG834 Router Firewall which is now up and running, but on attemting to install a Kingston KNP101X print server the drivers cannot find the print server, the Lan light on the server is lit as well as the one on the router. Would it be the firewall in the router blocking the server? If so how would I allow it do pass the print server through?

Thanks for any help.

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be surprised if the firewall is the problem as both devices are presumably on the "safe" side of it.

Does the Print Server use DHCP "out of the box"? Do you have a DHCP Server on your network (presumably the router/firewall).

I had a problem with an Access Point I just bought. It was pre-configured with an IP address which was on a different network to the one I was using. I had to re-configure my PC in order to configure it and then re-configure back again. A real PITA.

Can you ping the print server (assuming you know the address!)

Dave

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Yes I have a DHCP server, and the print server is also DHCP.
    How do I ping the print server?
    I might try setting it up on the other pc on the network as it is running Win98 and it may make a differance.