Print-out of exported .ts files?

Flyer90737

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks!
I have a Sagem DTR64160T and use a Samsung S20 Portable Hard Drive to store 'exported' films. I'm having trouble remembering what I have exported. Please, does anyone know how I can get a print-out of the .ts File List? I can see the list on the computer screen, but no option for saving it??:eek:

Hi Folks!
I have a Sagem DTR64160T and use a Samsung S20 Portable Hard Drive to store 'exported' films. I'm having trouble remembering what I have exported. Please, does anyone know how I can get a print-out of the .ts File List? I can see the list on the computer screen, but no option for saving it??:eek:

Can't you use the left mouse button and drag to highlight the text. Then press Crtl + C to copy it to the windows clipboard.

Now open Notepad and press Crtl + V to paste the clipboard.

You should now be able to print from Notepad.

If it is something you are going to want to use again and again, here's a way to add a Print Directory Listing option to Windows Explorer:
http://www.watchingthenet.com/how-to-print-a-directory-tree-from-windows-explorer.html

Although it says Windows XP and Vista, it also works in Windows 7.

There's a quick way to do a one off print.

Open up a Command Prompt by clicking on the Windows Start button, clicking on Run and typing CMD in the command box.
Let's assume your TS files are on the root directory of your external HDD, and the external HDD is seen by Windows with drive letter F.

In the command window type F: and press ENTER.

Now type DIR > LISTING.TXT

You will now have a text file on the drive that contains the directory listing which you can open in Notepad and also print.

You can amend the command to include subfolders too by adding /S. So for example, you HDD contains a bunch of folders and you want a full listing of everything on the drive including in all the subfolders. So you would type:

DIR /S > LISTING.TXT

If the list of files you want is on another drive and in another directory, just add the full path. For example, to print a directory listing of the files in \USERS\JOHN\VIDEOS you would just either navigate to that directory by typing CD C:\USERS\JOHN\VIDEOS and then following the commands above, or just type DIR C:\USERS\JOHN\VIDEOS > LISTINGS.TXT which will create the LISTINGS.TXT file within the current drive/folder from which you run the command.

Hi,
Sorry late reply but other priorities came up. Thank you both for the suggestions, but nothing seemed to work.
I tried Graham's method first, but nothing appeared on Notepad. Then I tried 'PRT SC': nothing either. Next I tried downloading 'watchingthenet' but their method saved a lot of code but no Film-List. The Command Prompt method produced the message: " 'G' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
I also thought VLC was the problem, but now I can't get rid of the cone icons from the listing. Would this be a program clash? VLC Help is full of jargon I don't understand & nothing points to a solution.
This has got me confused.
Any more ideas most welcome.
Many thanks.

Hi,
Sorry late reply but other priorities came up. Thank you both for the suggestions, but nothing seemed to work.
I tried Graham's method first, but nothing appeared on Notepad. Then I tried 'PRT SC': nothing either. Next I tried downloading 'watchingthenet' but their method saved a lot of code but no Film-List. The Command Prompt method produced the message: " 'G' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
I also thought VLC was the problem, but now I can't get rid of the cone icons from the listing. Would this be a program clash? VLC Help is full of jargon I don't understand & nothing points to a solution.
Many thanks.

When all else fails simply capture the screen display as an image :D

Try this (a random search so no idea how well it works :D)

Screen Capture and Print Screen software

Hi,
Many thanks.
I take it G is the drive letter of the drive you want to index? If so, did you remember the colon after the drive letter?.

Flyer90737 do you have a copy of Excel running on a PC ?

I wrote a little app that will list and allow copy of folder contents a while back. Selectable by extension. Ill send it if you want it....

I take it G is the drive letter of the drive you want to index? If so, did you remember the colon after the drive letter?.

You're right! Silly me, doh!
yes it worked, yipee!
Pity about all the extra data, but I can wipe this prior to printing.
Thanks Cap'n.

Yes, I have Excel, but have never used it, (not an 'office-oriented' bloke). What does that do please?

I was going to write you a custom application to import the data you want. You now appear to have solved the problem anyway.

When all else fails simply capture the screen display as an image :D

Try this (a random search so no idea how well it works :D)

Screen Capture and Print Screen software

I've just downloaded this. The result is a perfect reproduction of my film-listing, in colour, ready to print. I didn't even have to open a document, it has a folder already waiting. Brilliant!
Thanks Graham.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom