1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prince Sign of the Times

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ELV, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello all,
    Any body know if this is due out at any time, it's my fav concert film and way overdue imo!!!

Cheers :lease:

2. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Warners are releasing SE's of Purple Rain and Under the Cherry Moon this year, so I'd be surprised if Sign O' The Times doesn't follow suit.

I think it's come out on R4 (Australia).

regards,
    anephric

3. Trax

Trax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I realy do just love these forums cheers guys, i'll probaly get all 3, and yes even Under The Cherry Moon,it's one of his best albums. :thumbsup:

5. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Parade is a grrreat album, but the film (UTCM) is incredibly poor; I perversely like it, tho, cos I am a (pathologically) unshakeable fan of The Purple One.

Any film where Steven Berkoff shoots Prince stone-cold dead has got to wortha watch, tho.

6. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I agree, i v'e seen it and the only thing i can remember about it is the music tracks, thing is that's enough for me i treat it more as a music video than film.
    Has anyone used free record shop????
    The reason i ask is that when i went to put my credit card details in the server did'nt appear to be secure ie No padlock at botton of the screen on https at the top

7. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Don't touch it, m8. It's not worth it. Better to phone an order through, but if they can't be bothered with SSL, they won't give a toss about any security on their end, so I just wouldn't bother at all.

Ezydvd in the lands of Australasia do SotT on dvd (coming soon! apparently) and they are definitely trustworthy. So use them if you have to.

I would suggest (for R2) you use http://www.dvdzone2.com but they don't seem to have SotT.

regards,
    anephric

8. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the reply, think your'e right i wont bother, I'll wait or do a bit more searching,isn't it bloody annoying though that they can't get their act together and release the thing on R1 OR R2

ta ta for now

9. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've just ordered 'Prince: Rave Un2 The Year 2000' as an impulse purchase from CDWOW.

It's in 5.1, but I've just noticed that's it's filmed in fullscreen. I know this aint the most important factor for a music DVD, but I'm thinking now that there might have been a widescreen version available on another region. Anyone know anything about this title ?

10. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I've got the R2 (or is it R0?)

It certainly is fullscreen. I think all versions are the same. It's not a bad concert (but nowhere near the little purple one's best).

It features the last time he will ever sing 1999 (appropriately enough, except maybe on the loo).

11. Sami

Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Purple Rain
    20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition
    Debuts October 18

Prince's Music Movie Classic, with Oscar®-Winning Score, on Two-Disc Special Edition DVD
    All-New Digital Transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio, Commentaries, Three New Featurettes, Music Videos and More

Graffiti Bridge and Under the Cherry Moon Also Make DVD Debuts

Revolutionary rock legend Prince -- known for his unique blend of rock 'n' roll, R&B, pop and funk that has spanned three decades and recently earned him induction
    into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame -- stars in Purple Rain debuting as a 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition DVD October 18 from Warner Home Video.
    In addition to an all-new digital transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio and widescreen presentation, the DVD will include filmmaker commentary, three new featurettes on the
    making-of the film and its impact, eight classic Prince music videos and more for £19.99 RRP.

Two additional Prince films, Graffiti Bridge and Under the Cherry Moon, will also debut on DVD October 18 priced at £12.99 RRP each.
    A Special Edition Prince DVD boxset, containing all three titles will be available exclusively at HMV, for £29.99 RRP.

12. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I'm having that!

Think I better dance now! Auwah!

13. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  14. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Read the above post: apparently their server isn't secure when ordering (I haven't checked personally) so just be careful...

15. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry, didn't see that bit about the security - I don't want to re-advertise a site if it's potentially dodgey - I just found it strange that when I did a search for 'sign o the times' on the site it came back with 2 results - they both look the same, but one had DTS and one didn't. I've seen DTS being included/excluded on feature films across different regions, but never on a music title in the same region. Weird.