1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prince of Persia - which console?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by meg, Apr 19, 2004.

1. meg

meg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone tell me which of the 3 console versions of POP - Sands of Time is the better one? Are there any major differences between the three?

Thank you!

2. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    They is all the same except GC version doesnt include the original POP

3. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    GC version looks slightly nicer IMO. I noticed an improvement in texture quality but it's a very minor difference.

The PS2 version has the best control system though so I'd go for that one (I have both PS2 and GC)

Crispy, the GC version does include the original POP

4. kevin.brown

kevin.brown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well... thats the sort of controversial question that'll always provoke a flood of rants from all three sides to the equation.

You'll be hard-pressed to actually find an un-biased point-of-view... especially when the PS2 outsells the other consoles 10-1. Popularity speaking - the PS2 version "will always be better" allegedly...

However - Gamespot review all three versions here:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/princeofpersiathesot/

And have applied the "BEST" tag to - the XBOX version.

Not sure why the "PS2" version apparently has the best handling? The original clunky XBOX controller hasnt been available for 18months now (yet PS2 owners still level criticism at its controller) - and the replacement Controller-S is actually more comfortable, and more responsive than the PS2 equivalent?

Darn! Thats me being biased! Ignore that last comment... I just dont like PS2s. lol. ;)

Oh.. and I have GC, PS2 and XBOX. :eek:)

5. sjallen

sjallen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aye, on this occassion I'd go for the XBox.

6. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +510
    I have this on my ps2 and its an excellent game. Whatever console you have get it.

One of the best games i have played in ages.

Dal

7. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Obviously the Xbox version will look the best and load the fastest. Controller wise the ps2 controller probably wins, because most people would be used to it.

If you have a pc then get the pc version, as it'll look the best and probably be the cheapest.

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Generally when you get a multiformat game, you'll find that the X-Box version will be the best. I personally prefer the PS2 control pad, but then that's because I have a PS2 and it's what i'm used to.

Games Guru is right though, the PC version will be technically the best version and also probably cheaper that the console versions. That said, my PS2 version was only £19.99, but that may have just been because they reduced it for christmas.

9. kevin.brown

kevin.brown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With PC versions of games - theres too many variables though to be able to say for certain they are the best.

If you have a decent spec - you'll get the gaming experience as intended. Which - to all intents and purposes - will be the best version. However - for those that are slightly out of date, to those that are wholly inadequately kitted out - the gaming experience will range from not to great to terrible. That can be frame-rates, texture details, lighting effects... all sorts.

And they arent really cheaper either... when a decent piece of kit able to play the best versions would RRP at about £800+. For this you could buy a PS2, GC and XBOX including a copy of the game for all formats AND still have enough to have a last minute 1-week holiday in Ibiza! :D

I still reckon the PS2 controllers two thumbsticks are too close together - you can actually bash your thumbs together during gameplay... the XBOX one is sooo much more comfortable... ;)

(Is that the floodgates I hear opening? Ah... yes... that'll be five billion PS2 gamers (no doubt playing "Pro Evo 3") telling me I am wrong. :) )

lmao.

10. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    PC version will be the best then, but GC has the best controller so it might be more fun on that.

Fek the PS2 fanboys, there are too many of these fanboys sticking up for that console who totally ignore anything that isnt from the 'Third Place'

11. kevin.brown

kevin.brown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree completely :cool:

Cant wait for the next Resident Evil for GC... <drool>

12. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    'FEK' all fanboys no matter what console they adore. They are all completely pointless people who really have nothing better to do than write about how much they love a piece of electrical equipment!

It would be nice if the games got talked about as much as the consoles by some people.

13. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thats what i meant to say :)