Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member

It seems that Jake Gyllenhaal will be officially crowned Prince Dastan, The Prince of Persia and British actress Gemma Arterton (Quantum of Solace) (who was born in my town btw) will be Princess Tamina. Could this be the best game to movie adaptation?

The Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films production to be directed by Mike Newell. Due around June 19th, 2009. Production filming is set to start in July.

Dastan who must join forces with Tamina, a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

tvmonkey

Novice Member
Could be quite good actually. I loved the Prince Of Persia games on the Amiga when i was younger :smashin:

vfxartist

Standard Member
rumor has it thatdisney want this to take over from their pirates franchise.
too much money, and not enough story line? or greatest video game movie? time will tell...

Sounds like a flop to me, you need middle east actors to play the roles, it's like casting a white guy to play Mohammed Ali

tha-dizzle

Novice Member
Sounds like it could be a good move. Loved the game back in the day and i overwhelmed by how good the newest games were since i thought it would be a complete waste of time!

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
First photo of Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, in Morocco, North Africa.

Due May 28th 2010

The original game did not have many story sequences, it was basically a platform game, 2D, one of the first games to take animation from real people, and was all about jumping across gaps, and falling floor traps. The latest version however is far more advanced, using 3D, looks more like the Tarzan Disney cartoon. What can be made from such a vague outline? That's the question... compared with Tomb Raider which really did have a lot of depth to it.

Last edited:

The Snake

Banned
It says Turkey doesn't it.

Jake could rue the day he agreed to appear in this, you've got to go some to beat The Mummy.

Its got Ben Kingsley in it, i'm thinking more Thunderbirds than Schindler's List.

Heroik

The original game did not have many story sequences, it was basically a platform game, 2D, one of the first games to take animation from real people, and was all about jumping across gaps, and falling floor traps. The latest version however is far more advanced, using 3D, looks more like the Tarzan Disney cartoon. What can be made from such a vague outline? That's the question... compared with Tomb Raider which really did have a lot of depth to it.
Don't think you have played the games mate...do your research properly.
You missed out the entire trilogy..which came after the original 2D release and before the latest PoP game this year. The tre Prince of Persia trilogy did indeed have a story.

D

Deleted member 92943

Disney have got some high hopes for this, but i guess we'll have to see how it turns out

sleekyG

Novice Member
This seems like a very good movie! :D Looking forward to see it. I think Jake suits for the role. :D

I hope they'd make God of War movie too. :D

nitram100

Distinguished Member
Cool looking Prince Poster. Title font could have been a little more creative, but a good 1st poster nonetheless. Thanks OP

J1mbo

Novice Member

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Just a little bit of trivia for you.

While I was doing my degree in theology my best Uni mate Jim used to play Prince of Persia on the SNES.

When I became a teacher he went to film school, and works with visial effects, and...

...he worked on the visual effects on Prince of Persia.

He's also a composior on the recent remake of The Prisoner - a programme I got him into on its VHS release.

Steve W

LanceR

Just a little bit of trivia for you.

While I was doing my degree in theology my best Uni mate Jim used to play Prince of Persia on the SNES.

When I became a teacher he went to film school, and works with visial effects, and...

...he worked on the visual effects on Prince of Persia.

He's also a composior on the recent remake of The Prisoner - a programme I got him into on its VHS release.

Steve W
Good story Steve :smashin: