prince is back again this may in the uk 2014

unique

Reaction score
Birmingham/Manchester/Glasgow/leeds - 15/16/22/23

tix onsale Friday!

Well, thank the stars I went to the Academy gig in February! We go on holiday on 15th! Would have hated to have missed both.

Do you know what his band will be? 3rdEyeGirl were great, but I'm not sure they'd be so good in an Arena without a horn section or something.

Cheers
Phil

the press release said 3rdeyegirl and the online flyer and everything else says the same. so same small rock band as before. these will be the biggest shows the core band have played before. of course they are the core of the npg so used to playing along with the keys and horns and backing singers as the NPG in big venues. but other rock bands have a small number of venues and fill stadiums, like u2, so they should be able to do the same

Cheers. Don't get me wrong - 3rdeyegirl were (are) great. Don't compare them to U2 please. With Prince driving them with his songs, this band is far better and funkier than U2 could ever be. I'm sure they will rock and funk the venues out.
I am a bit miffed that I will miss these gigs. But. hey, ho. I saw the Academy 3 hour gig. That will have to suffice. I doubt if they will let you up to dance at the MEN however...

I'm going to post this link again from the opening number at the Academy for anyone who is thinking of going to the May shows.
These guys ROCK!!!!!!!! - play this one LOUD through a decent sound system!

Or this one - great guitar solo on this.

Thanks
Phil

Last edited:
If anyone has a standing ticket for Manchester on the 16th May. I would be willing to pay face value. Pm me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom