• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Prime95, linX, intel burn test, orthos....

Jay

Banned
Which program do you guys use to check for stability and how long do you test for.

I've tried all of them on my current overclock e.g prime95 small fft, large fft and blend, 20 passes on linx etc.

I would love to know which program would be best and how many passes, or length of time to run it for.

I hear so much contradictorary info.

cheers

Intel burn test without a doubt, 30 passes at full stress is more than enough and is the same as running say 8-9 hours orthos. I have been 12 hours orthos stable before and run IBT and it failed in minutes.

Just watch your temps as it stresses the system alot more. If you can pass at least 30 then your system is bullitproof as no game will stress your rig like IBT.

Jay

Banned
Intel burn test without a doubt, 30 passes at full stress is more than enough and is the same as running say 8-9 hours orthos. I have been 12 hours orthos stable before and run IBT and it failed in minutes.

Just watch your temps as it stresses the system alot more. If you can pass at least 30 then your system is bullitproof as no game will stress your rig like IBT.

Would you say Linx 0.6.3 is similar to IBT as they both linpack.

Are they essentialy the same just different interface :confused:

Would you say Linx 0.6.3 is similar to IBT as they both linpack.

Are they essentialy the same just different interface :confused:
Not sure about Linx as i have only ever used IBT since finding it and it finding my Orthos stable OC unstable within minutes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom