Prime Video showing UK library when in USA.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of a strange one. I am currently in the US and would like to watch some tv using Amazon Prime. I have an iPad and an Xbox with me with the prime apps on them but when I open the apps I am presented with the UK library of shows and when I click to watch them the majority of them are not available to watch in this region. Does anyone know how to get the apps to give me the shows that are available in the US?
To be clear I do not want to watch UK shows in the US, I just want to be able to browse and watch stuff that’s available in the US.

Edit: never mind, there is separate apps for Prime Video UK and USA.

Edit 2: still not working. signing in the US app still give me the UK version.

Try a VPN.
What would that do for me? I am in America and would like access to the American prime library. At the moment I can only access the UK library but many of the shows don’t play as it says not available in this region.
I can use a VPN on my ipad and that allows me to watch the UK programmes but that’s not what I want to do.

Yes, you're right. I was thinking of Netflix who will let you watch other versions from anywhere with a VPN, but Amazon are a bit more anal about such things. Apologies.

It's worth noting that Netflix don't officially let you use a VPN to access their service and have even tried blocking them. I've never used a VPN with Netflix, so can't confirm how successful their blocking is.

Netflix is easy to bluff its the BBC that put real effort into blocking you when your overseas.

Netflix certainly checks your location. I use my nephew‘s account. He lives in Canada and can’t see some of the stuff that I’ve watched here in the UK, and I can’t see stuff that he can.

Which VPN do you use Clem?

Bit of a strange one. I am currently in the US and would like to watch some tv using Amazon Prime. I have an iPad and an Xbox with me with the prime apps on them but when I open the apps I am presented with the UK library of shows and when I click to watch them the majority of them are not available to watch in this region. Does anyone know how to get the apps to give me the shows that are available in the US?
To be clear I do not want to watch UK shows in the US, I just want to be able to browse and watch stuff that’s available in the US.

Edit: never mind, there is separate apps for Prime Video UK and USA.

Edit 2: still not working. signing in the US app still give me the UK version.

As someone who flits between the US, UK, Germany and France I've noticed that with Amazon you're pretty much tied to the country in which your account is held.

My Account is funded by my French Bank Account even when I tell Amazon that I'm located in Germany and when I'm in the UK , even though I've told Amazon France that I'm now in the UK I don't really see UK Services, for instance there's no UK Football.

Even when I login to my Amazon UK Service in the UK it still limits me to to what I can see in the UK. I had to create a whole new UK Identity (separate from my French based Global one) to see UK services and even then a lot of flushing of cache ...etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom