Prime Video Audio Out of Sync

cranso86

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. I just got my new TV, model number 58PUS7555/12, in the Boxing day sales and I love it. My only gripe is, and I have tried everything that I can think of, Prime Video is out of sync. Every other app is fine. I have played around with advanced sound settings but it doesn't change anything. Reset the TV, Unplugged it etc, logged out of prime and back in. I have had no help from Philips. They won't reply to facebook messenger or posts and won't let me post on their own forum. At least Amazin replied back to me with this

1. Close and re-open the Prime Video app. DONE
  2. Restart your device completely by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. DONE
  3. Ensure that your device or web browser has the latest updates. DONE
  4. Ensure that any external device is connected to your TV or display using a HDMI cable that is compatible with HDCP 1.4 (for HD content) and HDCP 2.2 (for UHD and/or HDR content). APP IS BUILT IN TO TV
  5. Pause other Internet activity – especially if other devices are using the network at the same time. DONE
  6. Check your Internet connection. IT WAS FINE
  7. If you are able to connect to the Internet on other devices, update your connect device’s DNS settings. Please check with your device’s manufacturer for steps on how to do this. I DIDN'T DO THIS AS SOUNDS TOO TECHNICAL
  8. If you are attempting to control a device using Alexa, try to unpair then re-pair the device in the Alexa app. NOT REQUIRED
  9. Disable any VPN or proxy servers. DON'T USE VPN
My wife is even crying at me that the TV is broke lol because this one app has sync issues fml. Any help would be appreciated. Forgot to add I have no soundbar or home theatre system attached and audio output is set to stereo.

Hi folks. I just got my new TV, model number 58PUS7555/12, in the Boxing day sales and I love it. My only gripe is, and I have tried everything that I can think of, Prime Video is out of sync. Every other app is fine. I have played around with advanced sound settings but it doesn't change anything. Reset the TV, Unplugged it etc, logged out of prime and back in. I have had no help from Philips. They won't reply to facebook messenger or posts and won't let me post on their own forum. At least Amazin replied back to me with this

2. Restart your device completely by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. DONE
  4. Ensure that any external device is connected to your TV or display using a HDMI cable that is compatible with HDCP 1.4 (for HD content) and HDCP 2.2 (for UHD and/or HDR content). APP IS BUILT IN TO TV
  5. Pause other Internet activity – especially if other devices are using the network at the same time. DONE
  7. If you are able to connect to the Internet on other devices, update your connect device’s DNS settings. Please check with your device’s manufacturer for steps on how to do this. I DIDN'T DO THIS AS SOUNDS TOO TECHNICAL
  8. If you are attempting to control a device using Alexa, try to unpair then re-pair the device in the Alexa app. NOT REQUIRED
My wife is even crying at me that the TV is broke lol because this one app has sync issues fml. Any help would be appreciated. Forgot to add I have no soundbar or home theatre system attached and audio output is set to stereo.
Have you reported it to amazon? I know philips ignorant, but amazon could help especially if you say all other apps are fine.

Hi AVtest, thanks for replying. Yes reported to Amazon and the steps above 1-9 is what they asked me to do.

Hi AVtest, thanks for replying. Yes reported to Amazon and the steps above 1-9 is what they asked me to do.
Hi, I understand that part I wonder what did they reply on statement above with all your checks? Have they requested any data log from app?

You could try factory restore (reinstall tv) and see if it solves it. Trouble is that maybe you had some firmware updates which did not reset well. Common rule with philips is after firmware update do full reset and start fresh.

I have a firestick in my upstairs TV. Pain in backside taking it up and down the stairs everytime I want to use it. There is no issues with audio sync when plugged in to the Philips TV. Defeats the purpose though of having an app but still having to use a firestick.

Hi, I understand that part I wonder what did they reply on statement above with all your checks? Have they requested any data log from app?

You could try factory restore (reinstall tv) and see if it solves it. Trouble is that maybe you had some firmware updates which did not reset well. Common rule with philips is after firmware update do full reset and start fresh.
I'm waiting on them to get back to me. I didn't know that about resetting once an update is done. I will try that.

I agree but It's cheap and will save the OP the hassle of returning the TV.
Short of waiting on another software update which may or may not fix it at least it will maybe pacify SWMBO 😄

Hi, I have the same problem on my 43 inch version of this TV. Aquired it early December and have been very happy with it, but have noticed lately that the sound on Amazon Prime is always out of sync, always leading the picture but by varying amounts, sometimes changing while watching the same program. Didn't notice this at first so have a feeling it's got worse.Looking on the web I notice many many people complaining about this on all sorts of TVs and devices so I'm not sure it's just down to the TV but my latest test suggests it might be. Before getting this TV we had been watching mainly through a BT YouView box which we still have hooked up (some recordings on it) but haven't really used it much since we got the new TV. So, out of curiosity I fired up the BT box and tried viewing Amazon Prime via the BT box, and lo and behold the sound was perfectly in sync!
Not sure how to explain this as obviously the internet and network connection is identical, in fact the TV and BT box are connected to adjacent ports on the same router.

Two additional observations which may or may not be relevant...

1 - When I started up the BT box it detected that it hadn't been on for a while and notifed me of a new update available. I skipped the update as I had read in a few posts that some people suspected that the problem started after an update so being pretty sure that Amazon Prime was fine though the BT box into our old TV I thought I'd leave it unchanged.

2- This my be subjective as I haven't actually timed it but I'm sure that when you start the Amazon Prime app on the BT box, the "rotating circle" stays on the screen much longer before the app starts up than it does on the TV Amazon Prime App. I'm wondering if the BT app performs more buffering (and is thus maybe more able to correct any sync issues before display) than the TV app does. Pure guesswork on my part.

Seems odd to me that Amazon Prime is the only source we have noticed this problem on, Netflix and BT iPlayer both seem perfectly fine.

Not sure that any of the above helps the OP with their problem, but it is clear that it is a far from isolated problem but also unclear wheter the root cause lies with Amazon and/or the TV app provider (in the back of my mind, I'm thinking many (most?) smart TV's seem to be based upon android OS so maybe many different TV have a common problem because of a common app code? - pure guesswork again on my part).

Hi, I have the same problem on my 43 inch version of this TV. Aquired it early December and have been very happy with it, but have noticed lately that the sound on Amazon Prime is always out of sync, always leading the picture but by varying amounts, sometimes changing while watching the same program. Didn't notice this at first so have a feeling it's got worse.Looking on the web I notice many many people complaining about this on all sorts of TVs and devices so I'm not sure it's just down to the TV but my latest test suggests it might be. Before getting this TV we had been watching mainly through a BT YouView box which we still have hooked up (some recordings on it) but haven't really used it much since we got the new TV. So, out of curiosity I fired up the BT box and tried viewing Amazon Prime via the BT box, and lo and behold the sound was perfectly in sync!
Not sure how to explain this as obviously the internet and network connection is identical, in fact the TV and BT box are connected to adjacent ports on the same router.

Two additional observations which may or may not be relevant...

1 - When I started up the BT box it detected that it hadn't been on for a while and notifed me of a new update available. I skipped the update as I had read in a few posts that some people suspected that the problem started after an update so being pretty sure that Amazon Prime was fine though the BT box into our old TV I thought I'd leave it unchanged.

2- This my be subjective as I haven't actually timed it but I'm sure that when you start the Amazon Prime app on the BT box, the "rotating circle" stays on the screen much longer before the app starts up than it does on the TV Amazon Prime App. I'm wondering if the BT app performs more buffering (and is thus maybe more able to correct any sync issues before display) than the TV app does. Pure guesswork on my part.

Seems odd to me that Amazon Prime is the only source we have noticed this problem on, Netflix and BT iPlayer both seem perfectly fine.

Not sure that any of the above helps the OP with their problem, but it is clear that it is a far from isolated problem but also unclear wheter the root cause lies with Amazon and/or the TV app provider (in the back of my mind, I'm thinking many (most?) smart TV's seem to be based upon android OS so maybe many different TV have a common problem because of a common app code? - pure guesswork again on my part).
Hi Vic, thanks for the reply. Funny enough you mention BT you view box. I have one of them also and funnily the app is out of sync on it too. Definitely an app problem I think as the other apps worked fine on it as well. I agree it seems to be a common trend across different platforms. My TV is saphiOS which I think is Linux based.

Hi Vic, thanks for the reply. Funny enough you mention BT you view box. I have one of them also and funnily the app is out of sync on it too. Definitely an app problem I think as the other apps worked fine on it as well. I agree it seems to be a common trend across different platforms. My TV is saphiOS which I think is Linux based.
Interesting, I wonder which sw version is running on your YouView box. I deliberately skipped the last update offered.
My box has:
Component S/W: 378(65c057)
Manfacturer S/W: 32.51.0

On the "Sound Settings" I discovered that Picture Sound Sync was set to 160ms.
(interesting as there is a digital sound delay setting on the TV but 60ms is the max that it will go to)

I agree but It's cheap and will save the OP the hassle of returning the TV.
Short of waiting on another software update which may or may not fix it at least it will maybe pacify SWMBO 😄
I contacted them to ask why after 3 firmware updates since problems with streaming using internal apps has not been resolved.(seems only disney+ left to sort out).They said they are aware of the problem but could not say when it will be fixed.As a gesture of good will they offered to send me a firestick to use in the meantime.So fix might be a while yet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom