Question Prime music via MusicCast

Mr Andy

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to do this without resorting to just using it as a blueBluet speaker? I've got a Fire TV connected to an AV receiver but want to play it via a WXAD10 on my stereo in a different room. I'm beginning to think I should have got the preamp and connected it to my TV.

If the AV receiver supports MusicCast then the Fire TV sound can be sent via MusicCast to all other MusicCast devices. If you have an iOS device you can use AirPlay to steam Amazon Music from the Amazon Music App (but only to one device). Otherwise use the Amazon Music App to stream via Bluetooth.

It is a shame Yamaha don't support Amazon Music directly as their current line up of supported streaming services is a bit limited.

Yes the AV receiver is a MusicCast device so I can link it, that's in a bedroom used for movies. I have a fire TV there and a firestick in a TV downstairs, so had I got a digital input I could have used that.

Hopefully Yamaha will add support directly.

Yes the AV receiver is a MusicCast device so I can link it, that's in a bedroom used for movies. I have a fire TV there and a firestick in a TV downstairs, so had I got a digital input I could have used that.

Hopefully Yamaha will add support directly.
Really is about time Yamaha natively supports Amazon music as its more of a mainstream provider than some of the ones they do support.

I agree. I think I'll email them rather than just phone the support number. For now I've just added a cheap DAC to the TV, but it's more faff than controlling it from my phone.

Really is about time Yamaha natively supports Amazon music as its more of a mainstream provider than some of the ones they do support.
Amazon music is probably the most recent mainstream music service so it’s not really surprising that Yamaha has not added it into the MusicCast app yet. Yamaha are not renowned for being fast in updating their software nearly 2 years after announcing support for Alexa ( which is pretty poor anyway) they still have not produced anything for the Google home platform.

To be fair though the MusicCast app does cover pretty much all the rest of the streaming music services including Hi res Qobuz it would be great if they manage to include Tidal MQA as well but that’s straight forward from what I can see

If you have a rooted Android phone you might be able to AirAudio. Mine isn't so I can't try.

I agree. I think I'll email them rather than just phone the support number. For now I've just added a cheap DAC to the TV, but it's more faff than controlling it from my phone.

What's the email address that you sent to? I may try sending them tweet as well.

I think I just went through their website. I did phone them to bounce ideas off as well. Something I hadn't thought of which they suggested was to install a DLNA program on my laptop. I've put stream what you hear on and have been using that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom