Prime day

Dodgexander

Solutions
Reaction score
Can confirm in the UK at least there's no good deals on tv's on prime day. Don't be fooled people now is still a bad time to buy!

The 55" XD80 for £600 last night wasn't a bad price for a bright room TV. They're gone now though.

I wouldn't even say thats worth it, reduce a lot although it may be you would still be viewing a TV with worse contrast than something like a Hisense M5500 or even Samsung KU series.

Can confirm in the UK at least there's no good deals on tv's on prime day. Don't be fooled people now is still a bad time to buy!
Hi mate you seem to be the guy to talk too do you think 75 inch will come down significantly I think this is the size I'll need to go for in the future, but I want 4k and 3D so I may have to get an older model.

I wouldn't even say thats worth it, reduce a lot although it may be you would still be viewing a TV with worse contrast than something like a Hisense M5500 or even Samsung KU series.

What would you say was the better tv for skyq and 4K gaming in the Hisense 55M5500 or a LG 55UH770V ?

Last edited:
Hi mate you seem to be the guy to talk too do you think 75 inch will come down significantly I think this is the size I'll need to go for in the future, but I want 4k and 3D so I may have to get an older model.

75" is a bit of a niche, especially in the UK where not many are sold. Finding one with 3D will be very hard. The only tv's still being made at that size with 3D are the flagship Sony 75ZD9 or the mid range Panasonic 75EX750. Second hand probably the easiest to find TVs would be the 2014 Samsung 75H6400 or the 2015 Sony W855C. It wasn't too long ago I saw these tv's for sale new still so you might get lucky and find somewhere that has one. I would also consider a projector for large screen sizes+3D.

What would you say was the better tv for skyq and 4K gaming in the Hisense 55M5500 or a LG 55UH770V ?

The Hisense if you want better picture quality.
The LG if you care more about things like viewing angles and smart tv.

I'm finding the LG not great on viewing angles. I sit about 2 meters away very slightly to the left and the right side near the edges is noticeably darker.

75" is a bit of a niche, especially in the UK where not many are sold. Finding one with 3D will be very hard. The only tv's still being made at that size with 3D are the flagship Sony 75ZD9 or the mid range Panasonic 75EX750. Second hand probably the easiest to find TVs would be the 2014 Samsung 75H6400 or the 2015 Sony W855C. It wasn't too long ago I saw these tv's for sale new still so you might get lucky and find somewhere that has one. I would also consider a projector for large screen sizes+3D.

Thanks it all depends on how I can set my room up whether I go projector or big tv, I love my current projector and 92 inch screen going down is going to be hard to get used to

I'm finding the LG not great on viewing angles. I sit about 2 meters away very slightly to the left and the right side near the edges is noticeably darker.

Have you seen the review for your tv here: LG UH7700 Review (55UH7700, 60UH7700, 65UH7700) ?

Your TV is among best of LCDs for viewing angles. Move to a VA panel TV like the Hisense and it will be worse.

I think what you are explaining is related to screen uniformity, if some parts of the screen are darker than others that will be what you are noticing. One of the reasons VA panels are better all round (apart from viewing angles) is because they let in less light from behind the tv so generally have better screen uniformity.

There is always an element of luck though, two tv's of the same model can have different panels and also the same panels but better/worse uniformity, hence the term the panel lottery.

Thanks for that. I guess what I'm seeing is the viewing angle. And that's with a good tv. I actually just boxed it back up to return but seeing that review. It looks like a good tv. Strangely it's worse review is the sound but I think it has great sound. I gave up my Switch input as it only has 3 hdmis. But maybe I should stick with it and get a switcher for the switch. ([emoji12])

Richer Sounds has the LG OLED65B7V for £1999 after the FLASH300 discount code is applied. I think that's the lowest I've ever seen the 65" B7 by a long margin. Very tempting!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom