Bargain Prime Day Deals

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Damn why did someone have to mention whisky :D

Just bought a small batch bourbon and a Snow Leopard vodka which I hope were honestly reduced !!

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Gentleman Jack £19.99

A decent bourbon for a good price. Far better than regular JD which I can't stand now.
Excellent, that wasn’t on offer when I checked an hour or so ago :) I do like Gentleman Jack and that’s a great price. Best I’ve got it for at Tesco is £20 and it’s rare for it to be that price.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Gentleman Jack £19.99

A decent bourbon for a good price. Far better than regular JD which I can't stand now.
I don't mind JD every now and then, although I admit this is better.

I am a Rum guy these days though.

If someone spots some Rum let me know :D

misterS3

Just moved house....need a 65inch and 80inch TV...and so it's been disappointing. Picked up a Shark Cordless thing. But that's again necessity rather than bargain.

IronGiant

I'm seeing a lot of these prime deals on here that say things like £14.99 now £4.50 and then you visit the site and the non deal price is actually £5.99.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I'm seeing a lot of these prime deals on here that say things like £14.99 now £4.50 and then you visit the site and the non deal price is actually £5.99.
The £14.99 being the full retail price (RRP) nobody pays. It is a con.

When I was a student I worked in retail for a jeweller that had a permanent sale on. We used to joke the RRP was set by the window cleaner as there was no way anyone, bar in some test shop the public had no easy access to (for legal reasons to make the "sale" legit.... cough), they were ever sold for that price.

Just moved house....need a 65inch and 80inch TV...and so it's been disappointing. Picked up a Shark Cordless thing. But that's again necessity rather than bargain.
DO NOT buy a TV now on a Prime Sale. TV bargains start on Black Friday and Amazon will only give a standard manfacturer warranty with them rather than the 5/6 year ones you can get included from Richer Sounds, John Lewis etc.
Buying a TV now is a really bad idea.

IronGiant

Yes, But when you visit the amazon site the £14.99 isn't mention anywhere, so they are only putting it in that Prime Deals ticker.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
What's the difference between the RRP and the 'price'?

1602612469165.png

nvingo

After a replacement mobile phone, had already picked the model and checked the Chinese import price; today's Prime price beats that so I bit.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I talk about the RRP.

It's a BS made up number to make it look like you're getting a bargain. *It was never sold at that price. The discount on that item is £5.

* - I'm sure Amazon has some way around it, the same as DFS has permanent sales on etc.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I talk about the RRP.

It's a BS made up number to make it look like you're getting a bargain. *It was never sold at that price. The discount on that item is £5.

* - I'm sure Amazon has some way around it, the same as DFS has permanent sales on etc.
I know well what RRP is and how it is abused - just don't remember seeing three prices before on Amazon. "We think it should cost this [RRP], but usually we are crazy and charge this [Price] but today it is an absolute steal at [sale price]"

IronGiant

Here we go:
1602617778611.png

1602617870784.png

Where do they get £92.00 from?

Dony

Distinguished Member
Bought a dot and a throw for the sunroom and a few other bits for Christmas presents that weren't in the sale.

Just reminded myself to check these Anker earbuds that were in my wish list and they're down to £29.99 which is the lowest Amazon price according to Camel x 3.
Ordered 2 sets for my daughters.

Amazon product

Last edited:

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I've just stuck to spirits so far... I feel it's going to be a long cold winter with the local lockdown starting tomorrow. Need something to keep me going :)

Hixs

Distinguished Member
If I fancied a bottle of whiskey for the odd Irish coffee, would any old tripe do?

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
If I fancied a bottle of whiskey for the odd Irish coffee, would any old tripe do?
Well, you don't want to shoving in a bottle of £50 single-malt but on the other hand I'd avoid Tesco Value.

Irish Whiskey is a little smoother at a similar pricepoint to Scottish and other Whiskies, so some Jamesons or Bushmills is a decent choice.
It's not going to be an Irish Coffee with bourbon or Japanese Whisky in it, is it?

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen adds 48-inch OLED to Beovision TV range
  • By Andy Bassett