Primary school admissions.

ITRUK

Established Member
Reaction score
My son will be starting primary school in September of next year.

I'm aware the deadline for admissions is the 15th January 2015.. but when is it possible to submit our choices?

Also, is it first come, first served? Or are applications all looked through together and then decided?

Thanks.

It would be to early yet mate as they will be dealing with this years .

Have a word with your local council and they will be able to assist you with a time scale .

Cheers guys. I'll have a look more into it around September time when the new term has started.

Good Luck, I hope you get into the one you want :thumbsup:

in N.I the prospectus becomes available to collect from any school in a set date in early December and closing date for submission is in early/mid January.

you can list up to six schools, in order of preference, and drop form at first preference school.

schools have there own criteria, but usually they are the same.

criteria can be . . . but not necessarily this order:

brothers and sisters pupils at the school.
parents or guardians working in school
sometime other family members working at the school (aunt/uncle)
distance from school (Distance as determined by a straight line measurement from the front door of the child’s home to school gate)
school listed as first preference

Wow, so you don't get much time to choose then!
Especially given that it's an already busy time of the year.

distance from school (Distance as determined by a straight line measurement from the front door of the child’s home to school gate)
This one is terrible as it doesn't take into account geographical phenomena, such as actually being able to get there.:facepalm:

This one is terrible as it doesn't take into account geographical phenomena, such as actually being able to get there.:facepalm:
We had fun with this over secondary school. According to Essex CC, we were wrong to elect to send her to a school seven miles away, which she'd chosen & to which there was a bus service running from outside the front door. Apparently what we should have done is sent to to one of the "closer" schools which would have entailed a 5 mile bus ride into the centre of town then another 5 mile bus ride back out to the "closer" school. With the first bus of the departing for town at 8:30...

Bumping this thread since its d-day for finding out, hasn't time flown by!

I've just checked my local authority's website and it looks like we got our first choice.

Fingers crossed you get what you would like, mums and dads!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom