• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Primare vs Naim!?

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Since neither are available new per se, surely it's more a matter of what you can find in what condition and at what price? Both are excellent if you're looking for a pure stereo amplifier.

Since you're asking in the AV receivers and amplifiers section, rather than the hi fi stereo separates section, I should point out that whilst the Nait 5i offers an AV bypass mode (meaning you can use it to power the front stereo speakers in an AV setup), the Primare i21 does not. Later Primare models (such as the i25) added this crucial feature.

breezmagic71

Novice Member
I found 5i or 5is. And Primare affordable price for me is i21. Now i’m really confused which one are better for listen to vinyls. Also thinkin add tube preamp.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Neither the Primare i21 nor the Naim Nait 5si have an internal phono amplifier, so if you get either you will also need to purchase a phono amplifier to be able to listen to LPs.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom