Primare Pre 30

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay

I have long admired the amps from Primare, but I am considering treating myself to a Pre 30 mainly for the balanced inputs and AV bypass.

Whats the dirt on this unit :) before I spend my hard earned dosh :)

Nic In my extenisve dealings with A30.1 owners before I bought mine (very long chats I would add), one steady unavoidable "truth" was when evident I ran into 3 guys over on HFC over a year, whom went from happy ownership of A30.1s to Pre30 - A30.2 ownership. They felt it was a different ballgame quite simply to the integrated. I have mentioned the recent upgrade to me in balanced terms with the 9500-A30.1 well this seem like a further distilaation of what I would suggest is a very nice balanced topology. Every one of these Primare afficanados ( for 2 of them still had the A20, A30.1s & the new pre/PA kit in the same house) - ie real lovers of the marque.

On an AV front I was more impressed with a Primare SP30-A30.5-Proac deal than I was with a Krell Showcase-Sonus fab demo I heard.

Anyway you know you onions dude, these are purely my vibes on Primare. I love the brand.

Forgot to say, you can imagine what I think of the SD-9500 in XLR mode via the A30.1 ......

OK I will get my coat.

Nic,

I too am considering a look at the Primare, I like the look of the Pre30 in combination with the A30.2. Anyone heard this combo?
It's a lot of dosh for the two, but I've not really seen anything else which I believe to be of this quality for the price (I'm only going by what I've been told here) I may be able to pick up the two units for about £2k so I'm tempted, but I can't get a demo and I'm scepticle how much of an improvement I will hear over my Arcam A85. Should be a lot, but then people have told me I will hear a huge difference between the Arcam CD73 and CD192 disc players and I couldn't hear a darned thing between em'! :suicide:

Haven't had time toprogress this one yet but I have always loved Primare amps, they have the quality and finish which reminds me of Tag.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom