Primare dvd30

raymen

Established Member
Reaction score
Been waiting to see what it'd be like myself.

Bit steep in price though.

Any news on UK release that you know of?

I've got an Arcam DV27 and intend to keep it until something special came along. Is this it?:rolleyes:

I got one. The sound and picture are excellent. Even on cd.
the only problem is the build quality. I am on my second and it is going back to the shop in the next week or two.

By the way that price is way to steep. I payed less than 2000 for it from a retailer in Ireland.

Regards
tt

Have you had a chance to compare it to anything else? If so how does it rate?

i've got an arcam dv27+. i am lookin at the primare also, has anyone looked at things like the Linn unidisk 2.1? i tried a lexicon rt10 over xmas and wasn't that impressed, better but not much over the arcam.

I personally am not struck on the Lexicon, especially not at that price. But don't let my dealer know that.:)

I had a Marantz 4200 before that and it is way above that. I did not compare it with other DVD players as I was getting it for music only not for video. I compared it to the primare CD30.1 (or .2) and it was better than that. I thought the cd30 was a bit to harsh. I also compared it to a Rotel cd player. The rotel was way to bright for my tastes.
I would not recommend getting one until Primare sort out the software problems.
I have not had a chance to check out the progressive scan output. I have only being using the scart into the back of a tv.

Regards
tt

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom