1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primare any good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dts_boy, Jul 22, 2002.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    has anyone seen/own a primare v25? i am very interested in getting one but cannot find a dealer which has it in to demonstrate, practical hifi have the v10 but refuse to get a v25 for me to look at - to buy only! i saw it at a show and remember being amazed by it and have been told its as agood as a arcam dv27. i have £1000 - 1600 to spend and am thinking arcam dv88/27 primare v25 or cyrus dvd7 with psxr. it has to be musical and play cdr, what do people think?

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Where do you live? If you are near www.signals.demon.co.uk he has them for demo. Or just phone and he'll tell you an honest opinion of them. Well mostly, he does sell them.:rolleyes:

3. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    bit far for me, i'm in manchester mostly but thanks for the tip!

4. Laingy

Laingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I demoed the dv 25 and was very impressed, it offers both pal and ntsc ps and also a vga (think) connection to a plasma, I demonstarted it against a arcam dv 88, meridian (£2500) and finally the Tag dvd32r.

My opinion was it was better than the arcam and the meridian on picture quality (the meridian colours looking more washed out) but lost slightly to the tag. The tag had better sound quality especially with CDs (but is 3.3k more expensive).

Based upon what i saw i would recommend it heartily.

PS i demoed it in High Wycombe, with a tag setup into a panasonic plasma