Pride - Another tree shot and a morning nearly wasted.

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got up early this morning and headed out with the intention of walking up The Wrekin to photograph the morning sunrise, however when I got the the base I realised I had not got my torch and didn't fancy walking up in the pitch black. So I had a drive around looking for inspiration and hoping for a decent sunrise headed toward the canals........nothing.

Absolutely nothing. :(

The sun rose very unspectacularly so I headed home quite disenchanted with the whole situation.

On the way back I passed this tree in a field so decided to give it a go and at least salvage something from the morning.

I think it was worth it, but I could have taken this at 10am!!!

Anyway, comments welcome.

Clickable for .exif etc

That's real nice, steve. I prefer this to your 'Old Man' shot. I like the tree - the staightness of the trunk and the wizzled branches suit the composition.

Yep, tend to agree that it's better than the 'Old Man' shot. It has less highlight and a smoother vignette so makes for a 'calmer' shot.

Very nice tree and in a nice setting. I like the fact that you've kept the distant hills in rather than putting the tree on the skyline by getting down lower - it sets it in its surroundings very well.

I like this shot alot, in particular the lightness of the sky just behind the tree seems to 'spotlight' and enchance the tree - agree about the interest with the distant hills. The tree has a real history to it.

I was more / less lucky than you this morning - more, as in I remembered my torch and was up leith hill (highest point in surrey) for 7.15 in the pitch black. Less lucky, in that the sun didn't rise at all for me. Flat, flat, and flat. It's been the same all day.

Well done in getting that shot in.

Mark.

Far from a morning wasted! Since seeing your previous tree picture, I've been looking out of my car windows on the way to work searching for a similar composition.. no luck though..

Regards,
Ryan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom