pricing help and construction designs on fake av wall.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by bad ass, Dec 27, 2006.

1. bad ass

bad ass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    basically next year I am buying a house, naturally the living/cinema room is going to be completely re-done.

I want to make a fake wall, about a foot and a half deep to build my equipment into and mount the plasma onto so naturally it needs to be pretty strong. I can get my old man to make to wall as he used to be a carpenter and the better halfs old man can plaster.

obviously i don't know the size at the moment but I'm guessing it'd be bigger (or ideally no less) than what I have now which is 13ft wide.

So I need to know what would be the costing or something like this, best materials to use, and and plastering, I wouldn't need to pay for any labour, as I'll just buy them a couple of pints each! also are there any step by steps by guys off the forum I can't see any, might be being blind.

2. barty74

barty74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    prices on constructing the wall?? best to ask the people who are doing it.... if you have all the gear already, it should be pretty cheap. your lucky you have friends/relatives to help you out.

3. bad ass

bad ass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    its not so much exact prices, just costing roughly involved for timbre, plaster, what timbre and construction ideas.

4. jonny round boy

jonny round boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    bad ass,

If you're old man's a carpenter/joiner, then you need to be asking him all this. There are several slightly different methods of constructing what you're after - if someone on here were to advise on construction methods it would be a waste of time as your dad would probably throw the plans out & do it his own preferred way. Same goes for choice of timber also.