PriceWorld's New Bedroom Setup Again !

IanPrice

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have read around this forum for some time, story is I moved back to my parents a while back and started to get a bit of AV kit around me, I redecorated my room and started to slowly get some stuff round me, bare with me I have tried to put photos on here, (Something i have not done before so if these don't turn out and just appear as a load of crap text then its because i don't know what i am doing ) Anyway here goes fingers crossed

First Shot below is a shot of the rear of the room with my 2 rear speakers as you can see
IMG_1039.jpg

The front of the room you will see is a unit I purchased from Ikea with all my kit on it. Pretty good and solid with ample space, I tried to take it so i could get the full width of the room in.
IMG_1038.jpg

This one is a closer shot of the unit with the TV mounted on, speakers, my macbook pro etc as you can see
IMG_1014.jpg

On the right hand side of the unit you can see i have used this for my XBOX 360 Slim (250GB) and my WiFi printer
IMG_1018.jpg

On the left hand side of the unit I am using this to house my HTPC and my Denon 1910, the fit was just right for both with a glass shelf separating them, ventilation seems pretty good.
IMG_1033.jpg

On the left hand side of the unit I had just about enough space for my subwoofer, this was a lot bigger than i anticipated but luckily it fitted ok.
IMG_1019.jpg

A Close up shot of the front speakers attached to the unit
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/iprice606/IMG_1017.jpg

I have tried to take a few shots with various sources running to show, well as best as the photos will show !!! This one is a shot of the TV just running standard def TV through coax aerial, pretty good.
IMG_1015.jpg

Next is a shot with the XBOX 360 running through it, picture quality is superb.
IMG_1023.jpg

This is my HTPC on the initial Windows screen
IMG_1026.jpg

This shows the intial menu within Mediabrowser on the HTPC
IMG_1027.jpg

The movie selection screen with mediabrowser
IMG_1028.jpg

The movie details screen
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/iprice606/IMG_1029.jpg

Batman - Dark Knight - Blu Ray with HD Audio (picture not so great with dark image)
IMG_1030.jpg

The Holy Grail - The Proof - The Blue Light Heaven From HTPC Wahooo !
IMG_1036.jpg

Another Shot Of HTPC and Denon 1910 - Blue Light Again !!!!
IMG_1033.jpg

Toy Story 3 - Blu Ray
IMG_1034.jpg

And Again......More Toy Story 3 Blu Ray
IMG_1035.jpg

Overall I am chuffed to bits with the new kit, I did own before a Onkyo 606 and Kef 1.2 speakers, I must admit this new kit blows it out the water, The amp is superb and these speakers i cannot speak highly enough about for the cost, great build quality and sound from them especially HD is immense, in my opinion they are much better than my previous Kef's and I much prefer my Denon 1910 over the Onkyo 606 the quality of sound seems to be a more cleaner and crisp sound, just my opinion really. And last of all its all in Gloss Black so it matches, petty I know but i prefer it looking all the same. Before my speakers were silver, amp black mmmmm not good.

The only addition i want now is a projector, i am looking at the Optoma HD200X, I think that is the last thing i want now to complete my kit for the time being. I am stuck on what size screen and what type of screen to match with this as there is so many out there, it has to be electric not manual but anyone offer any thoughts on matt, glass beaded etc that would be a massive help as i am bit stuck with this.

I am thinking if i get the passport stamped of mounting it on this wall or a shelf as you can see below.
IMG_1021.jpg

If anyone has any questions thoughts or recommendations on anything then i am all ears !!!

Cheers Guys

thats a lovely set up bud, where did you get your HTPC or was it a self build?

Hello matey,

Thanks very much mate i am pretty chuffed with it to be fair, my HTPC was a self build about 14 months ago now, recently upgraded my graphics card to the ATI 5450 (30 quid) so it could pass through the HD audio to my amp (when that blue light come on it was pure heaven) :laugh. It was the cheapest method of HD audio without spending ridiculous amounts on graphics cards !!! :smashin:

Nice setup! I'm a recent convert to Mediabrowser and totally love it. I know and understand your feeling of achievement over the blue light of HD audio. Wonderful feeling when you see it. Even better when you hear it!

Nice one :smashin:

I know i do like mediabrowser , i went through a point of throwing it up the wall, i ended up using a MPC HC as external player for everything, picture quality much better and i kept having different errors trying to play it within media browser so give up with doing it that way, to be this way is much better now and well pleased with it.

Yeah the HD audio and Blue light was immense :thumbsup: The misses cant see what i rave on about but you understand me :laugh:

I agree the sound is fantastic the difference is incredible.

I understand you mate :smashin: My Mrs never understands how I spend hours tinkering with my HTPC either. Women eh?

I know ha ha cant live with them or without them, bit different when she wants to watch Sex & the City 2 though :laugh: I am always tinkering with my HTPC probably more than i actually spend watching the movies on it. :smashin:

Excellent stuff, very classy.

Have not bothered so far with connecting my main media PC to the amp as I've always just used the popcorn, but I'm going to give the HD Audio from PC a go this week I think, I'm going to have a look at media browser too. Cheers.

Nice Setup Dudey.......:smashin:

Welcome to the world of the Blue Light....lol

Projector is a must, i love my Optoma HD20 :clap:

Love the setup mate :smashin: Very smart and tidy aswell. With regards to the HD200X you wont go wrong with it IMO. I should have my bedroom setup finished in the next couple of days Im going to have the HD200X projected straight onto the opposite painted wall (Just painted) Will give you an idea of what it looks like. Maybe worth a look.

Hi Lads,

Cheers for the comments i am pleased with it.

Bizness - All you need is the Blue light (Holy Grail) you wont look back get your HTPC hooked up to that amp !!! You wont regret it. Media browser is good just bear with it though mate it can be akward but stick it out. :smashin:

Hickmeister - Cheers dudey the porjector is almost upon me, its time to make that step up, that and the blue light is legendary !!!! :laugh:

Lukeyy - Very interesting mate, I am very close to getting one soon, would love to see your setup mate get it posted with that projector going ace ! :smashin:

Great setup mate really like what you've done! :thumbsup: Nice tv aswell what model is it? Also, if you dont mind me asking whats the rough cost for your htpc?
Many Thanks
James

Superrior setup!
How did you get this screen movie base?

Great setup mate really like what you've done! :thumbsup: Nice tv aswell what model is it? Also, if you dont mind me asking whats the rough cost for your htpc?
Many Thanks
James

Thanks mate for the comments :smashin: It is a Samsung 40" UE6530 Model, really chuffed with it, picture quality is superb. No probs at all mate well i think in total i paid about 550 ish for it in total.

Superrior setup!
How did you get this screen movie base?

Hello mate thanks for the comments :smashin: I take it you mean mediabrowser running on my HTPC ?

Looks great. Whats the IKEA unit called? Do you have a link to it?

lovely crisp picture quality on the tv!

Thanks matey the pictures dont actually do it justice, it really is superb :smashin:

What colour is your wallpaint in this first three pics?

Nice set up btw.

Hi Mate,

I think if i remeber right it was oatmeal biscuit :smashin:

Cheers for comments too

Sure it wasn't biege biscuit? Can't find an oatmeal biscuit colour?

What speakers you running pal? The reason I ask is I am very close to buying some kef 1005.2's and you have now put the doubts in :laugh: !!

Sure it wasn't biege biscuit? Can't find an oatmeal biscuit colour?

Quit possibly mate it could be, been a while since i painted it ! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom