1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prices on the high st

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tony m, Feb 17, 2001.

1. tony m

tony m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what percentage of discs, do you buy from the main high st chains.eg today tried to buy ROCKY HORROR ,asda £16.99 the rest £19.99 except virgin £24.99 mmm tough decision and those specials 3discs £45 have you seen the titles .not a one off.i have to say they always seem to have the unkeenest prices. let me know who comes top for price..ps asda the choice is poor

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,410
    If im in town I do browse the shelfs of the shops for some DVD bargains and sometimes they can be found.

Also if I really wanna see a film I will buy it. I find MVC are fairly cheap and WH SMITH 3 for £40 offer can also be good.

The last thing I got from the high street was the DVD of BUFFY series 1. I had meant to order it for ages and never got round to it so I got it from MVC. I wanted to watch it this weekend so dont mind paying £5 more

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    On a related subject:

My mate is coming back from Hong Kong with a Pioneer 737. Cost? - HK$4000 that's £330.

How much is it here? - £700!

4. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've seen Fight Club in Comet for £16.95. £19.99 in Tesco and a whopping £24.99 in Dixons!! (Why such a difference??)

I was in the sleepy out-of-season seaside resort of Tenby on Valentine's Day and in the Smiths 3 for £40 offer I could've got Fight Club (£24.99 in places), Braveheart (£22.99 in places) and... Snatch, 5 days before it's actually released!! Only trouble is they didn't include the extras disc so I'll be off to Smiths in Cardiff on Monday armed with my receipt!

The High Street bargains *are* there to be found, and I find half the fun of this hobby of ours is searching them out.

Asda are flogging the Warner titles for 2 for £20, I bought Donnie Brasco in Tesco for £7.99, ex-rentals sell in Blockbuster for about a tenner (and come guaranteed for a year), and then of course there are the various multi-buy offers from Smiths, Woolies, Virgin, HMV etc etc. [​IMG]

------------------
    Everybody be cool. YOU, be cool.
    --------------------------------------
    ptmbradley@yahoo.co.uk
    http://www.geocities.com/ptmbradley

5. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only buy the *bargains* from the High Street, and usually this means they're much older titles which often have a very low priority in my list ... so it doesn't happen too often!

I've said before that I keep an eye on my average DVD price (inc delivery) and it was hovering at £14.08 last time I worked it out. So if it's more than this I just don't bother.

Anyway, I much more enjoy shopping on the 'net in the comfort of my own home.

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK