prices around the world

H

hopefulharmon

:hiya: has anyone noticed the difference in prices between amps in teh usa and the uk or other countries ? anyone tried buying from the usa and shipping to the uk ? speakers also seem much cheaper .

I bought 7 speakers and a DLP projector from the USA - saved £3500 total on the speakers, and £5000 on the projector. That was after VAT, duty and shipping, and against the UK RRP.

An amp is probably the only thing you don't want to buy in the states, try finding a step down to convert the voltage on somthing that draws the current that an amp does, whatever you save will be wasted on that.

When I was looking at the Sharp 12k dlp a few weeks back I was given a quote for just under $7k and that was without really trying too, so some things are well worth doing, just not an amp.

of course some power amps will have multivoltage power supplies anyhow..... so you can use those ones without issue

ad

Interesting site buns. Have you ordered from them before?

nope...... but they are one of the few places that do online prices. If i recall, i was interested in a Marsh amp which is on their site..... but as open to exotic brands as I am, i figured that an av processor has too many things needing to be done right to go blind

ad

or maybe not...... the Marsh amp must have been elsewhere

ad

Originally posted by cj
I bought 7 speakers and a DLP projector from the USA - saved £3500 total on the speakers, and £5000 on the projector. That was after VAT, duty and shipping, and against the UK RRP.

dj does the projector work for PAL and what type is it?

Taiwan: mainly NTSC & 110V only, expensive. Stay well clear.

Japan: also expensive and mostly NTSC/110V, export equipment (PAL and/or 220-240VAC) not cheap

Hong Kong: some good deals around, some priced as in Europe

Thailand: nothing special I noticed, comparable to Europe

Malaysia: generally cheap compared to Europe

Singapore: cheaper if not cheapest

The latter 2 sell multisystem (PAL/NTSC) and multivoltage (110-240VAC) equipment on the local market.

Originally posted by gudjong
dj does the projector work for PAL and what type is it?

I have a Runco CL-710 - rrp here is £9,995-00 !!!! PAL/NTSC is not an issue, nor is the voltage (it's auto-sensing - just plug it in).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom