Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

pricematch?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by hutchys, Nov 18, 2003.

1. hutchys

hutchys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    i have seen a lot of threads going on about price matching with jl but could you please tell me if they price match over the phone or do you physically have to walk into the store to obtain this?i know they only price match with companies that have shops ie not internet sites. and do they still give five year warrenties even on plasma?
    jim

2. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    well my experience with jl has been over the phone but was told by several different stores that they dont match the internet only shops and the item has to be instock (which in the case of the new pioneer is a joke because nobody has them )i think i am going to have to pay full price and try and claim the difference back through my credit card

jason :(

3. redface

redface
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL are telling a friend of mine that they now actually physically check the availability in the price match store. I cant believe this is true - anyone heard of this.

Also whats the best pricematch anyone has managed on their PW6 package

4. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went into JL and they wanted £3999 for a panny6 with 'free' 5-yr warranty, that's like nearly a grand over an equivalent web store price. Plus the guy was telling me it comes with an external media box that has all the connections?? i think he's referring to the PW5 as the Panny 6 uses add-in boards. Hence think i'll be going to AV-Sales or something.

5. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    For the avoidance of doubt (and this has been covered before) JL give a 5 yr warranty with what they class as a "TV".

In the case of a Plasma, this means that they will only generally sell models that include a media box or tuner. Screens that have no tuners included, do not qualify for this warranty and I'm not even sure that JL would offer a "monitor" version of a Plasma (eg the Pio 433 MXE rather than the HDE which comes with a TV Tuner Media box).

6. redface

redface
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The package on the PW6 in JL is the equivalent of the PW5 package ie Screen, tuner board, tuner, 5 yr warranty £4000. Obviously with pricematch this can come down and with the disposal of the tuner and the purchase of a scart board you should be left with a screen and a 5yr warranty for c. £3000. A good deal I think

7. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Sometimes they do, sometimes they just phone up. I used to go out with a girl that worked in JLP Undersales department and she used to spend most of her day going round competitors & checking their prices (and checking that they were in stock).

Cheers,
    Liam