1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRICEJAPAN yamaha 500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scotlandgadgets, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Scotlandgadgets

Scotlandgadgets

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
    I am thinking of buying the yamaha 500 PJ from price japan.

Has anyone else and what is the best way to do it. I would prefer to put it on my credit card ( maybe being nervous but have protection on it).

Also do i need to get them to do a dead pixel check prior to it coming or do i not need to do it.
    I will shown my ignorance and ask what actually causes dead pixels.

As you can tell just starting to get a home cinema system together.

Also i will be using the new onkyo (jamo speakers) surround sound package with this.

Thanks a lot for any info.

2. BBCuk2day

BBCuk2day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a epson tw100 from them just before they stopped selling them! I paid by wire transfer! They purchased the epson for me on the saturday and it was at my house monday morning i couldnt believe how fast they was! Also all emails i sent where answered very quickly and in a polite manor.
    As for the dead pixel check they have a policy on all there hot items that states no dead pixels but you will have to check this and send it back if nessesary* and the will send you a new one! The box you get will be unopened so i would advise get the send back option for peace of mind!
    I can only praise PriceJapan there service and price are excellent!

3. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Yes I echo the sentiments above regarding PriceJapan's service.
    I ordered my AE300 from them, and it took 4 days start to finish.
    It's up to you to decide if you want to pay the extra and take out the send back option. For peace of mind you might think it worthwhile; bit like extended warranty in some respects I quess.
    I personally didn't bother.

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I ordered 2 x LPX500 pjs a few months back and paid for one ship back option. Good job as one of them had 3 faulty pixels. First 2 arrived in 4 or 5 days. Replacement took just over a week from leaving my house to arriving bacak again.

PriceJapan are just superb. Have no worries dealing with them. Your monies will be perfectly safe. However, for extra peace of mind just pay using Paypal which debits your credit card thus giving you the cc protection.

Good luck and hesitate no more :D