PriceJapan excellent

S

sunlink

This is another big endorsement for Price Japan. Wired the money and order Thursday afternoon, received confirmation within minutes of receipt of order. Currently tracking via DHL:
November 08, 2002 16:27
Osaka - Japan Shipment picked up
November 09, 2002 09:15
Osaka - Japan Departed from DHL facility in Osaka - Japan
November 09, 2002 17:20
London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK
November 09, 2002 19:09
London-Heathrow - UK Processed for clearance at London-Heathrow - UK
November 09, 2002 19:45
London-Heathrow - UK Clearance processing complete at London-Heathrow - UK
November 09, 2002 19:45
London-Heathrow - UK Transferred through London-Heathrow - UK
November 11, 2002 02:37
East Midlands - UK Transferred through East Midlands - UK
November 11, 2002 05:50
Manchester - UK Arrived at DHL facility

Looks like I will be receiving it today. Not bad is it?
Put's some of our retailers to shame.
I will let you know about the projectors condition after I set it up tonight.

Regards

Steve:) :) :)

Wow..excellent!
What did you go for?

Would be happy to bring round my PAL progressive 3800 for a try out if you wish....

Regards,
Ian Guinan

Hi Ian,

I went for the AE-300 to test the water. Very, very efficient service from PriceJapan. Almost instantaneous response to all e-mail queries and kept informed of order status at every stage.
I am currently trying to procure a 16:9 screen and have asked for advise on another thread.
With respect to your offer of a demo of your PAL progressive 3800, that would be great. Could you also bring round your firmware upgrade discs at the same time.
Please e-mail me to arrange.

Regards

Steve:) :) :)

Will do..I'll look forward to seeing if it is as good as they all say it is.

Hope it arrives today intact!

Regards,
Ian Guinan

TH-AE300 just arrived all intact. One query though, do i need to do anything to enable 240v PSU or is it mutl-voltage?

Regards

Steve:cool: :) :)

I can now answer my own question. The PSU is universal and switches automatically.

Steve

sunlink
may i ask you how much the AE300 was to buy from pricejapn?

Im seriously thinking of dipping into the old wallet and making a purchase...Aslo wot do you think of its picture quality?

Cheers

Originally posted by Respectamonkeee
sunlink
May i ask you how much the AE300 was to buy from pricejapn?
At current exchange rates - £1281 (Without VAT which will probably have to be paid at a later date)

Respectamonkeee

Sorry for the delay in replying. HBK757
is correct, the projector was just short of £1300 delivered and includes the bank charge for wiring the money to the account in Japan. So far no vat or excise duty paid.
In answer to your question re: picture quality, then all I can say is awesome and that is only using the s-video output. I currently have a region 2 only denon 3800, so cannot check out the progressive component output until I have my firmware upgraded on the dvd player. Howerver, I have just ordered an RGB to component adaptor from Lektropaks and will try the RGB signal from my both my satellite and dvd player over the next couple of days.
I also need to buy and install a new 16:9 screen to get the full benefit as currently I am using a 4:3 setup.
I will keep you informed.

Regards

Steve

Im torn between the ae300 and the new sony hs10...

Bit worried about the sonys reliabilaties but im sure they will soon be sorted..

Pricejapan seem like a very good comapany....and defaintly worth it for the saving

will be at home today just hope the credit card stays in the wallet...wife will kill me

Steve,

you didn't get hit by a import duties ?? Wow...how lucky..
Did PriceJapan mark the package otherwise or are you just lucky ?

Happy viewing. :)

zcaps57,

They maked the package computer projection equipment, which I am led to believe makes it VAT exempt. It looks like I was lucky with the import duties. Ordered a 16:9 screen on Tuesday, which has still not arrived. When you consider that PriceJapan shipped the projector to me in the same timescales (including a weekend), then it is a very sad indictment of the service levels afforded to consumers in this country. If it is not here today, I'm bloody cancelling the order.

Regards

Steve:( :( :(

Hello Steve,

You rarely get away with customs charges with DHL or Fedex,

The VAT bill will probably be around £230 including the DHL handling fee - unless you are really lucky.

Should be Duty free, but not VAT free.

Invoice usually arrives about 3 to 6 weeks after the package :(

I speak from experience on this :(

Mark.

Steve,

Mark is right.
The invoice usually arrives within 3-4 weeks time. (DHL, FedEX)
(UPS usually demand it on delivery).
The best way is to call DHL, give them your tracking number, and ask whether the item has the VAT/duty to be paid.

BTW, where did you order your screen ? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom