1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricejapan (again)Projectors to uk

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by coolhand101, Dec 19, 2002.

1. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok from what i read on the forum here, im i corrected in saying:-

1.The price you pay to PJ is the item, insurance, shipping, and their 5% fee (lets say £4000)

2.There is no Duty tax on projectors as its class as "computer presentation equipment"(so duty tax £0)

3.You have to pay VAT (£4000+17% = £4700)

4.wire transfer is the cheapest method of paying(but how much do banks charge for this service)

5.does DLP include there dead pixel policy(i would,nt think so)

6.DHL deal with customs procedures and they deliverer to your door(father Christmas)

7.they bill you for the VAT but this can take many weeks(thats good next pay month)

8. have i missed out on any other charges or things(hope not)

please correct me if im wrong

thanks

2. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmmm
    just been to the dvd talk forum and they slag off DHL:quote:

"Just been sent an invoice from DHL for £2 customs duty, £10 VAT and £10 admin fee for Band of Brothers."

admin fee? i guess they didnt class it as a gift or dont it matter with a courier company.

they reckon if you ship outside a EU country, a courier company will sting you for these, although the duty tax does not apply to projectors(classes as computer display), i knew about the VAT but not this admin charge. anythink under £500 i just go by mail company but i think a £2000-4000 projector you would want it quick.

as anyone been charged this admin fee and if so how much would it be for an item in the above price range?

thanks

3. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had to pay duty on my sharp Z9000,when i imprted it from Japan,DHL where not allowed to deliver it until both VAT and Import duty had been paid

4. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    was this a while back? because customs in the uk class projectors as computer device and this must be marked on the box to avoid the duty tax.

i was looking at the z9000 in detail in the user manual that i downloaded. etc-

1.the pc input will output a image in 4x3 only. does that mean you need a transcoder rgb-componant for 16x9.

also the aspect settings seem quite basic ie no "thru" modes but it can be done with 1 setting from the pc. is that true.

if you change somethink on the z9000 what would it be?

im trying to find the manual for the z10000 or a really detailed review on it but no luck so far.

incase someone out there does know, im intrested in the aspect settings and the aspect from the pc input or the dvi input.

thanks