1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricedrop soon?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Lizzard, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A good quality 50" plasma cost around £5,000 today.

When will the prices come down to around £3,500-4,000? for these 50"?

I haven't seen any pricedrops for a while now, however i noticed that the new NEC 42XM2 is a real bargain compared to the other 1024x768 plasmas which you get now for around £3,000

2. gammmmo

gammmmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'll just get my crystal ball... :D

No but seriously, I think this will take about 18 months, at least partly because enough people seem to be happy to pay the current prices for 42 inch plasmas to slow price reductions. 50 inch plasmas seem to be far less 'mainstream' and will continue to fetch a premium.

I'm in the same boat as you - I've been looking at 42 inch plasma for so long that they don't seem enough of a step up (currently have 32 inch Sony CRT)...I saw a Pio 504 HDE in JL at Cribbs Causeway the other day and the impact it had blew me away compared with the 42 inch plasmas.

I'm holding off for now - if you can't why not get a 'cheap' 42 inch plasma for about £2300 and sell it in a year or two and get what you really want then?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I dont think there will be any more big drope until CRT plants shut down,42" are already at the price of 42" RP sets 4-5 years ago which seems to be the top end of the consumer budget, also 50" panles are alot more work and require better manufactiring plants. Hence why fewer brands offer them. Particularly for domestic use.