Price Rises for Existing Virgin Media Broadband Customers in October 2014

Gone up again, letter received that as of Feb 2015 it's another £4.69 a month for me

Same here, been told it kicks in in Feb but you can pay line rental up ahead for 12 months at the old current rate before then for a better deal.

I got the annual increase letter yesterday - £4.89 month - and today I rang up to renegotiate. Ended up keeping the same services for a pound or so less including the price increase, plus I got Netflix free for six months. I can live with that, but it irks me that I have to go through this rigmarole every year. And don't get me started on the terrible marketing BS they include with the letters. Anyone would think they're doing us a favour by selling their services.

*Edit* True to form I got the email confirming the new services earlier and it was wrong. They'd dropped my phone tier down to the basic level. I called back and was told that she'd misinformed me and that I can't have my current services at the price she quoted (it'll be £6 more and not even sure if that includes the forthcoming increase). I'm waiting for a call back tomorrow after they have made some enquiries. Not happy, again...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom