1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price of CD72t CD player Upgrades

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Hawklord, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Could someone please confirm my available upgrade options (CD82T and CD93t I think) and the likely costs in doing so for my Arcam CD72t CD player.
    I think it's currently the weakest link in my setup (for music)and would like to take advantage of the available upgrade options (one of the reasons for my initial purchase).
    Would I be able to upgrade to the CD82 and then the CD93 at a later date (when funds permit) or would it be more cost effective to make the leap in one go (if atall).

many thanks:D

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi - from memory it is £200 to go to the CD82 spec and £550 from the CD7x to the CD93 spec. It would certainly be more cost effective to do it in one hit if you expect to end up with the 93 in due course.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Would it be possible to upgrade a CD72T to the "older" CD92 spec? Any of those kits left in stock?

Thanks
    Fergus

4. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Fergus - I checked and we are no longer able to do the CD92 upgrade - CD93 only now.

If you really fancy a CD92T player send me a PM as I may be able to source one for you.

John Dawson (Arcam)

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    How do I make arrangements to have the work done? Through a dealer or Arcam Direct.
    What kind of warranty do you get after the work is carried out and would the CD tray lable be changed in the process (from CD72 to CD93). What kind of leadtime are we looking at to get the upgrade carried out?

thanks for all your help.:)

6. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Please call our customer help line on 01223 203203 during office hours for exact delivery times, details of how to return the player to us for the work to be done etc. You can arrange it through your dealer or direct with us if your dealer is not local to you, but note we prefer to carry out the actual upgrade at the factory.

As to delivery, whilst it may be awkward just before Christmas, (so please don't hold me to this) I am told we can usually now turn these round in a couple of weeks or so and the warranty on the new board is 2 years (but we do not extend any remaining warranty on the host player). And yes we can change the drawer front!

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

7. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Thanks for all you a help :)