Price Matching

AlandEi

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick one folks, if a store is offering a TV for a cheaper price than another store who is willing to price match..... and the first store has sold out at the cheaper price, would the second still be willing to price match... in your experience.
No 1 store is expecting another delivery next week, but cannot guarantee if it will be at the present price.

Alan.

Thanks Gary, I believe they were in stock this morning, but sold out by this afternoon... need to be on the ball then... :) I have 28 days to pricematch retrospectively with JL.

Alan.

Just a quick one folks, if a store is offering a TV for a cheaper price than another store who is willing to price match..... and the first store has sold out at the cheaper price, would the second still be willing to price match... in your experience.
No 1 store is expecting another delivery next week, but cannot guarantee if it will be at the present price.

Alan.

Definitely NOT!

The item would have to be in stock, exactly the same (this includes model number) and fall into any other rules such as the competitor being within 10 miles etc.

If Store No 1 puts their price up above Store No2's when they receive new stock will you want a price match then?;)

Store No 1... John Lewis... have agreed to price match even retrospectively, up to 28 days after my set is delivered. their rules so I will take advantage of their generosity if I am able.

Store No 2... Richer Sounds... still has the lower in store offer on their website today, even though the one branch near me I phoned yesterday, are presently out of stock... JL will only price match against high street store prices, which this offer actually is.

I have put a price match claim in anyhow, had an email saying they are presently unindated with emails, but will consider the claim asap.

Did not know about the 10 mile rule... no mention in the pricematch conditions as far as I am aware ?

Alan.

I think JL did away with the 10 miles rule ages ago

Good luck with it

Thanks vickster... it would not break my heart if they did not price match, as I am happy with the price I am paying for this set... however... as this offer is available, why not take advantage of it if possible.

Incidentally, the set I have purchased earlier this week, is £20-00 dearer today on JL's website... buying from these companies online, is a little like playing a fruit machine lately... :)

Alan.

JL are doing a lot of price matching at the moment

My brother and I have bought a TV for the olds from JL for Xmas, we are hoping JL bring the price down in their sale (it appears a possibility ;) ) ...so we can do a match against themselves :)

If you don't mind, me and Eirwen are "olds"... :)

That thought had crossed my mind as well.

Alan.

Just an affectionate term for the parents (think from Australia) :D I am no spring chicken!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom