Price hike lunacy, bargain wanted: Buffalo LS-CH1.0TL LINKSTATION LIVE NAS 1TB

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by yeswoody, Feb 9, 2009.

1. yeswoody

yeswoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi All,

I've been looking at NAS drives for a while, and finally came to a decision that the Buffalo quoted above was the one for me -DLNA, 1Tb, iPhone server, bittorrent. For possibly the first time in my life, I decided to wait until I could afford it only to have that decision come back and bite me on the behind. Originally this drive was around £150 (I think I remember seeing on offer for £140 somewhere), and now it's rocketed to the £200+ region.

What on earth, when nearly all goods are falling in price, could be causing this? I can only assume the weak pound against the dollar? (hmmm, I think I just answered my own conundrum).

Anyone know a reasonably priced source of these? Anybody have one and keen to sing its praises? Or, in fairness, discuss horror stories?

I did look at the LaCie Internet Space 1Tb but no bittorrent was a deal breaker for me, having said that I'm open to idea's of alternatives..

Thanks

2. mattclarkie

mattclarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Real guitars don't have strings, they have 5 colou
    Ratings:
    +934
    It's happening alot lately, particular HDD prices.

No idea why, this is why I never wait for a price decrease, because they generally go up :eek:.

3. yeswoody

yeswoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ay what, since when? Every piece of electronics equipment I've ever bought has been worth less (not quite worthless) the week after. I should at least be saving my 2.5% VAT (well I suppose it's a real saving of 2.13%).

As well as £/$ Fx rate I suppose there may be increased cost of raw materials at the minute.. but still, over 25% increase.

So has any one used one? Tell me it's rubbish so I don't buy one...