Answered Price for Rock Xtreme790-i7-950 custom build laptop

rringsell

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive gone over to the dark side and can't see me ever returning to a purely windows based machine as a mac just suits the design side of me better. I got a laptop custom built a few years ago at a cost of nearly £3000 when I was studying architecture. It was used a for all design work and gaming and is more of a portable desktop than what we would consider a portable laptop. It was hugely powerful at the time and got me through my degree.

Ive no idea what sort of price it would fetch these days and was hoping the knowledgeable community here would be able to help.

Spec's:

ROCK Xtreme X790-I7-950 Laptop

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-950 3.07GHz, 3060Mhz FSB, 8Mb Cache
nVidia GeForce GTX 280M 1Gb
17" Hi-res WUXGA+ X-Glass
6Gb DDR3 1333MHz
2 x 250Gb 7200rpm SATA Hdd's + 1 x 30Gb SSD
Blu-ray ROM / +/- DVD Writer

Internal Digital DVB-T/Analogue Hybrid TV Tuner
Interlink ExpressCard Media Remote for Bluetooth
Intel Pro 802.11a/b/g/n Integrated Wireless LAN
Gigabit 10/100/1000 LAN
1 x IEEE1394 Firewire
4 x USB 2.0 + 1 Shared E-SATA
Bluetooth
Express Card Slot
7 in 1 Card Reader( MS / MS Pro / MS Duo / SD / Mini-SD / MMC & RSMMC)
HDMI & DVI Port
Webcam with video recording
Surround sound with 4 speakers
High Definition Audio Interface

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

I don't think you'd get anymore than £400-£500

Yeah I knew the price would of plummeted but just wanted to get a feel for how much its worth from those more in the know.

Thanks for the reply Foster.

Any other opinions?

I reckon even less.

Rock went under a few years back. It did resurface, but their rep was destroyed. I used to have a Rock too. That Graphics card is pretty weak nowadays and your laptop will probably heat a room in winter. It weights a ton.

Sorry if its not what you want to hear just my opinion.

Used to have a Rock laptop also, not as well specced as the one above, but like Kwman said, they went under years back and even though Stone Computers took over and honoured those that still had a valid warranty, their reputation had pretty much hit rock bottom.

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I may strip it for parts then but could do without the hassle.

Appreciate you all taking the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom