Price for an year old AV32r ?

slingshot

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to be selling my AV32R SP 5.1 with bypass and 192KHz DACS, so can someone give me pointer what these have been going for, I can't find any for sale at the moment, so no idea.

Cheers

Slingshot

Hi Slingshot,

Well it is all a bit of a conundrum isn't it !

The cheapest I've seen them go for is around £500, but that's for an SP no bypass and the 96 dacs.

The best price I've seen for a non DP but everything else 192 dacs all enabled 7.1 and bypass is about £1000.

There is one for sale at the moment on this forum, perhaps you should check that thread.

Hope that helps a bit

Cheers

Bushy

The average price on fleabay etc seems to be around the £700-900 region depending on condition and other factors,but the best way is just to look around for a while and be patient.

Also,if selling,don't do so when a few others are around,as the overall price may be depressed.

alexs2 said:
Also,if selling,don't do so when a few others are around,as the overall price may be depressed.

and that should not apply people selling DP versions :D

babaroga said:
and that should not apply people selling DP versions :D

Perhaps true,although the item in question wasnt a DP in any case,but you will usually find that having 2 or more similar items on sale concurrently does depress the auction value.

Last on eBay for 192 version (not BP):

481£ (scam)
770£ (scam)
740£
670£
1020€
1015€

Cheers Stef, how'd you find those my search for av32 doesn't find any.

slingshot said:
Cheers Stef, how'd you find those my search for av32 doesn't find any.

These AV32R are already sold. This is archive info from my database when I was looking for. 192 version (no DP) are rare.

Cheers,

ive just purchased a AV32 bp 192 7.1 from sevenoaks, brand new never used with a years warranty for £1200, i know it might be slightly over priced but it is new and i value a warranty,
i tried to find a DP but they are so rare and some of them seem to have had so many owners that i am happy with what ive got, an upgrade is always possible, even tho it is financially unviable.....£1600 + £1200 = £2800 :eek: :eek: when Dps seem to go for around £2000 ( if you can find 1)

Scooby,

That's about what I paid for my AV32R-BP192/5.1 and I'm still very happy with my purchase. Upgraded from a AV32R-96K(5.1) and found the upgrade worthwhile but the difference in sound was not mind blowing..

Goes to show how good the original 96K AV32 sound was!

Sold the original 5.1 Av32R on Ebay and I regret selling it.

Best wishes

Lee

nice 1 lee mate:thumbsup:
the DPs seem to overshadow the SPs and i am sure they are awsome but the SP is still a very good processor, the only thing with a DP is it probably deserves very expensive speakers and amps to get the best out of it, probably needing a budget far out of my reach;)

by the way is there a period of running in with the av32s

Hi scooby,

Many things in audio (including our ears?) take time to run in.
I didn't really notice much running in with the AV32R-BP192. Sounded clean and full from the word go.
Sound quality wise, as a Stereo Preamp/DAC it performs well above highly regarded preamps/DACs from Linn (for example the Kairn/KariK/Numerik) and it's been the only product that I've had that has finally persuaded me to use one system for both A/V and music. Until the AV32R arrived, I always kept audio and home theatre separate. Now I would not entertain the thought of a separate music system (unless god forbid) the AV32/CDT20R died.

Best wishes

Lee

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom