Price drops

PJS76

Established Member
Reaction score
When will 2017 models start dropping significantly in price? There are some good deals on and off now and I appreciate that lgb7v oled has halved in price since release. Samsung are often aggressive in their marketing but their TVs seem overpriced to me this year. Some good TVs around this year, happy to wait for a bargain...

Do Sony ever drop their prices?

Generally late November and December is the lowest they'll get until discontinued in favour of their replacements (usually around March time for many models).

Essentially most models have hit their minimum price and the only further reductions we'll see are clearance ones.

Sony do tend to have less markup at the start of the year and a consequently smaller price drop over it. So while the Q7 has dropped from £2,300 to £1,350 the XE90 has dropped from £1,500 to £1,200.

When will 2017 models start dropping significantly in price? There are some good deals on and off now and I appreciate that lgb7v oled has halved in price since release. Samsung are often aggressive in their marketing but their TVs seem overpriced to me this year. Some good TVs around this year, happy to wait for a bargain...

Do Sony ever drop their prices?

Every TV has dropped a significant amount if you compare to launch price, sony included. The next big sale will be on boxing days, but it will be lowest Feb/April as that is when the new model is launching but also when stock running out. but that is the risk if you wait too long

I think I won't be surprised this year to see LG OLEDs closer to £1000 at 55" in the clearance sales.

Sony XE9005 should certainly drop to that price at 55".

You'll want to be looking at 55" for the best deals. Very limited choice at 49 and 50" so little room for discounts.

There are some very good 55 inch TVs around. It is a tough choice.

Last edited:
@EndlessWaves not so sure its optimistic, even vincent from HDTVtest mentions he has a wager with another well known AV journalist whether they will or not.

Discount codes and cashback help of course :)

A £1000 oled now that will put the cat amongst the pigeons. Lcd will have to drop in price to compete. Could make January sales interesting. Also with it being world cup year new 2018 versions will be being pushed by manufacturers.

I will be up for one if it goes down to the £1000 region

You can't sign up for discount codes, you just have to keep a look online for special offers. You can also check in the OLED Price Changes for prices other people have been getting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom