1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price drops on Sharp Aquos?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by asm495, Oct 28, 2004.

1. asm495

asm495
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just spotted this on unbeatable.co.uk, a 37" for £2250 marked as "Coming soon" ...

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_22493.html

Previous cheapest for a 37" Sharp LCD that I've found with DVI was almost £2600. Anyone know what the difference between the GA5E and the GA4E and GA3E is at all - they don't seem to make that very clear anywhere?

I wanted to get a 37" Sharp LCD but the price was just that little too much more than I wanted to spent - however, if the prices are going to drop to that level then it makes things much more tempting. Is this the start of further LCD price drops?

2. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This got me all excited too but it seems the GA5 series is a "cut down" unit with limited input functionality ... IIRC they are missing the component and DVI inputs.

Phil

3. asm495

asm495
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Where did you find the feature set for the GA5E please? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

4. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    God knows ... been hunting all over for info this last couple of weeks. I do remember though that the GA5 series (which are yet to see the light of day) are a few hundred notes less than the GA4 / GA3 series and whilst hunting for info I found somewhere that the GA5 has a load of inputs removed.

Phil

5. asm495

asm495
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Answered my own question, found something on Sharp's German website...

http://www.sharp.de/php/td.php?par=18_no_no_1018

Seems that this model has 2x SCART and 1x Component. Can't see any mention of VGA or DVI. Shame really, as I could cope with the SCART and components if only it had the DVI too.

Is the difference between the GA3E and GA4E just the position of the speakers?

6. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it had lost the component input too but - yes - it drops the DVI definitely. You say if it had DVI too then you would be OK with that - well that would make it a GA3/GA4 if it had DVI. ;)

Yes, the only difference between the GA3 and the GA4 is where the speakers are.