1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price drops of current PJ's soon?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Frankeh, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm buying a Sanyo Z3 later this month.. though, I heared there is a PJ expo in september where the big names will introduce their new models to the public/pers? This means the older types (Z3, AE 700) will get a price drop very very soon? Maybe it's worth waiting a bit? but what will the price drop be? around how much money? People who have experience with price drops in the past in this kind of industry...

2. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I think they may have dropped as far as they're going to go. I finally decided to order a Z3 today, and when I phoned Ivojo they told me that they'd sold out and didn't know whether they'd be getting more stock in :eek:

I ended up ordering one from Nexnix for the same price (with a stuck pixel check).

3. Mora

Mora
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No stock ?

maybe cos z4 incoming..

4. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I thought that. I was gonna ask them when they were expecting the Z4, but after weeks of deliberating and deciding to buy now at a fantastic price rather than waiting for the new models, I decided to just get on with finding a Z3!

I've also bought a Samsung DVD950 from Richer Sounds to go with it. Once I get them I'm intending to use the forums to find out how best to set the PJ up, and then stop reading for a while. I know from previous experience that the worst thing you can do after buying a PJ is to start reading about how much better the new models are!

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Frankeh

If you want a Sanyo bargain get a Z3 NOW!!!

If you want the latest spec pre order a Z4 - though expect to pay a sizable premium over the prices your being quoted on the Z3; its already been heavily discounted to clear the way for the Z4.

Best regards

Joe

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    They've dropped radically already - 50% or more in the past 6 months. Z3 is obscenely cheap at the moment with the bulb and warranty....PJ :)