Price drop to £229?

very nice :clap: if it gets under £200 gonna have to get another one for bedroom

I think this may just be a quick deal or misprice from play.com to shift extra stock. I can see the price going back up soon, so be quick

Wishful thinking here, but maybe they're doing it to get ready for when they include DS3's with machines?

Dammit I hope it's a misprice I just bought one today for £285!

I was kind of planning on waiting a month before buying one yet but if this price isn't going to stay at that, i'll be getting one now... hmph, dilemma.

I was kind of planning on waiting a month before buying one yet but if this price isn't going to stay at that, i'll be getting one now... hmph, dilemma.

Do eeet :D

I'd get one now. They're other bundles are still full price which tells me the console has been mispriced and they'll put it back to £280 later today :D

Judging by the deals thread it seems like a lot of people are getting in on this.

I wonder if it is a cockup, will play honour the deal as so many have ordered?

Just got one two!:thumbsup:

£218 using the discount code!!!! :clap:

Another idea could be to call PC world/ Currys main office, get them to price match it and beat it by 10% then collect it instore today?

I think that's possible just incase play.com don't honour the price

Judging by the deals thread it seems like a lot of people are getting in on this.

I wonder if it is a cockup, will play honour the deal as so many have ordered?

Well its also in the small Hot Picks box on the left so they seem to be aware of what they are doing with the price.

Really tempted to sell my 60gb and get one of these (size is not important as I have a 320gb HDD anyway in it).

BC games do not work in my current set up and to be honest, I'm not that fussed about PS2/1 games.

Could make a tidy profit!

My big problem is Rockband DLC (and Warhawk). If I knew for sure they would work on a new console, I'd do it for sure!

Anyone know if the DLC works - or has ever swapped to a new PS3?

Really tempted to sell my 60gb and get one of these (size is not important as I have a 320gb HDD anyway in it).

BC games do not work in my current set up and to be honest, I'm not that fussed about PS2/1 games.

Could make a tidy profit!

My big problem is Rockband DLC (and Warhawk). If I knew for sure they would work on a new console, I'd do it for sure!

Anyone know if the DLC works - or has ever swapped to a new PS3?

Don't you just go to the download list on your store account and download it from there?

I re-downloaded warhawk and tekken 5 hd the other week and it was fine. :thumbsup:

Currys wont beat it by 10%, only 10% of the difference, but only pricematch against these stores
Argos Comet PCWorld Woolworths
B&Q Jessops Tesco John Lewis
Asda

People on Hotdeals, seem to think PC world will price match and deal by 10% of the difference, I only said currys as they're the same company

Wishful thinking here, but maybe they're doing it to get ready for when they include DS3's with machines?

If that was the case it would have been announced at the PS event on tuesday.

Added to basket at that price and its went up to £289 :mad:

Exactly the same boat as you. I can't afford to use one until I've finished my exams (end of May) but I wasn't letting this chance slip. I've told my family to hide the parcel from me until the end of May. Cue an argument or two over whether or not I can use it...

Pretty sure this is not a misprice, like one of the posters said it is advertised as a hot deal on the website. I just imagine that they'll sell out pretty quickly with stock going as it appears to. And I think MajorZero is on to something, the next packages will come with DS3s in them.

EDIT: They have just changed the hot deal picture on the left-side of the page to advertising it at £289.99!

If that was the case it would have been announced at the PS event on tuesday.

but would that not slow down their sales until new batch came out, dont think that would happen

anyone got this further than the order placed stage yet?

Price back up to normal, It went up in the checkout page :( I chould have been quicker decideing!

No. This is an interesting test of the postal rule and at what point the invitiation to treat becomes an offer. Surely if the transaction has been completed, that is to say Play has accepted my offer and must honour the price?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom