For Sale Price Drop - Apple Watch S3 - Rose Gold 38mm - Warranty Jan19

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by dudeness, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    • Public negative criticism or ridicule of a moderator
    Selling my Apple watch, it's a S3 boxed all it came with. Have put a real leather strap on from Caseify, which cost me £40 and also comes with an unused pink strap from Apple.

In perfect condition only selling as a Fitbit would suit my needs better. Only purchased in January, so has warranty until January 2019. Payment only by Bank Transfer, will only send once money has cleared. Price does not include postage, which will be at the buyers expense, and must be signed for.

Any questions please ask.

Price and currency: £210
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: Bank Transfer
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Bump

3. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Bump and price dropped

4. luxxyman

luxxyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Do you have a picture of the leather strap?
    What colour was the strap that came with it?
    Can you provide proof of purchase?
    Looks like the screen of the watch has some marks can you confirm the watch face and casing are scratch/mark free?

5. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    The leather strap is on the watch in the pictures. There’s no scratches on the watch at all. The strap it came with is pink. I can provide proof of purchase yes.

6. luxxyman

luxxyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Oh ok unfortunately pink isn’t my colour I thought it come with another strap......that isn’t pink!

7. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    £200 delivered?

8. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    £210 delivered via RMSD and you've got a deal

9. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Ok thanks, drop me a PM.

10. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi, I have just received this and I am not satisfied with the condition. A quick inspection shows that there are two marks on the metal part of the watch, and there are several scratches to the screen.

I have attached pictures of the marks, the screen being the most obvious, but you can just about make out the marks on the rose gold part as well.

For transparency I am also missing the cable and plug, which the seller has already said she will drop in the post.

I’m not sure what the process is now, but I would like a refund and return please as this was intended as a gift.

IMG_2531.JPG IMG_2530.JPG IMG_2529.JPG

11. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
  12. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
  13. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    Moving to disputes as per procedure to stop it being bumped in main area

14. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    @dudeness, I can see that you have visited this page after @vorn182 posted his pics and the details, but no response.

Seeing your other thread in the disputes, I can also see and understand you have commitments outside the forum however you also have commitments to resolve here on your sale.
    Please respond as soon as you can, and perhaps a response to the text/iMessage you were sent by the buyer too would help.

Many thanks

15. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I see what you mean re the screen I did not notice that when I was cleaning it to send to you. Maybe if id of put if in the light like you have I would have.

The other ones I can't even see them even though you have circled them. You do realise that it is a second hand item, and unlike a phone or iPad it is worn most of the day, so I would offer you some money back for the screen. But I have not listed it as new condition, I have listed as perfect condition, in that it works perfectly. Which it does.

16. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    “In perfect condition” and “There’s no scratches on the watch at all” suggest that the watch would be perfect and not have any marks anywhere.

You were asked specifically about the condition of the watch by another forum user, not whether it is in working order so to suggest that you were stating that it works perfectly is completely unfair.

As far as I am concerned it is not as described and I should be offered a refund. I have attached a further picture showing both of the marks more clearly.

I will await your response.

IMG_2534.JPG

17. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    I do believe that you are using wording (I hesitate to use the word clever in there) to make it seem that you have an advantage.

It is most certainly NOT in perfect condition, in any sense. For example, I have a Fitbit on my wrist right now. It has some marks on it but works as well as it did the day I bought it. If I was to put it for sale here, I would thoroughly check it and then post detailed photos of the condition. I would NOT list it as perfect condition as it is not.

This is taken from the trading rules:
    Item description

• Outline the full ownership and usage history, including repairs
    • Be honest: describe the functionality and aesthetic condition of the item as accurately as possible
    • Post clear photographs of the item
    Now, would you say that this may fall under it not being described correctly, whether intentional or not?

Your buyer has requested a refund and on checking these photos I'd say there is no reason not to accept that as unreasonable, refund him and arrange for it to be sent back using the same method you posted it.

@dudeness

18. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    @dudeness - I hope you being online 5 minutes ago means you'll be replying to thread? Thanks

19. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I’m sorry but you can’t expect a second hand item to be new that’s ridiculous. If he wanted it as a gift he should have bought a new one.

I’m do not feel in the pictures he’s showing there’s anything I can see that would warrant a refund. I don’t feel it’s ok for moderators to declare, at the sellers expense, to just give a refund.

I’m sorry but I’m not going to agree to it. As I said I’ll give him a partial refund for the tiny screen scratches.

If this went to court then it would’ve based on what a ‘reasonable’person would think based on the description. And that’s my final word on the matter.

20. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    You have missold the device. You classed it as "perfect" - your words in your OP - if it isn't perfect then why detail it as such? Perfect means perfect, there's no interpretation there at all. None at all. It is up to you to describe items correctly. You haven't and so this is your issue.

You have been instructed by the buyer and by me, as moderator of this issue, that a refund is required. The device is scratched and has marks. Court, I'm afraid, would take the buyer's side after looking at the evidence.

If thats your final word, as you say, then I instruct the buyer to open small claims proceedings against you.

I urge you to reconsider seeing as you have a long trading history here.

21. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Not that counts for anything how long I’ve been a member! Are you seeing different pictures to me? Because I cannot see the scratches he’s on about. On the bezel, he keeps putting pics up but I cannot see them.

You took his side from the first post and reading back on some other disputed threads it’s a common theme.

The watch based on it being second hand is in good/perfect condition. Granted I didn’t shine a flipping light on the screen to show any scratches. It works, the straps are in perfect condition as stated.

22. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    The marks and scratches are noticable.

Prior disputes are not the issue here are they? As moderators, we take each case as it comes. In this case I'm afraid its quite obvious that the device is not as you described, hence the decision.

Each photo posted by the buyer shows scratches and marks. No point going around in circles about that.

The device may work and the strap may be in "perfect" (there's that word again) condition but the watch itself IS NOT.
    Perhaps you should have in order to describe it accurately and avoid situations like this? For a high value item, I would have and so would (and have) many other sellers here.

So as I say lets not continue in circles. Will you provide a refund and arrange return or not?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  23. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Send it back to me. If he’s exaggerating the marks I will give him a refund minus the postage costs.

If he’s not and I’ve overlooked it then I’ll give him his money back in full.

I’m an honest person and wouldn’t want to think I’ve sent something off that’s so bad.

24. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    IMG_2534.JPG

Those are the two marks that you cannot see. Even without those two marks, the screen is covered in scratches anyway and would not pass as a grade B, let alone “perfect”

You can not describe something as perfect when it is not.

Mods - is there a set process for returning and refunding. What the op is suggesting means that it is left in her hands to decide who pays for the return postage and when I get a refund.

25. TheAdmiralCS

TheAdmiralCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    The usual method is to refund and then send back - the buyer sent the cash in good faith prior to receiving so I'd say its only fair that the refund is done first. There's no question surely about the condition @dudeness, its plain to see in the pictures and it should be the seller covering the cost of return postage IMO. However, you may want to come to an arrangement together on postage costs in order to resolve this faster.

26. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Ok thanks. To get it done quickly I’m happy to go halves on postage. So if she is willing to refund me £214 it will be in the post today.

(It was sent Royal Mail special delivery at a cost of £8.60)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  27. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    It doesn’t really make a difference now as the op appears to be offering a refund, but as previously mentioned, the charger was not in the original parcel. I have today received the charging cable along with the original invoice, however there is no plug despite it saying everything is included. My series 1 and series 2 both came with a plug so I presume this should have as well.

28. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    To push the process along I have forwarded my bank details to @dudeness

29. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I’m not paying any money to you until I have received the watch and charger and receipt back.

30. vorn182

vorn182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    So I’m expected to return it, for you to say it’s “perfect” and then refuse to refund me the postage? Sounds like a great way to resolve this. [emoji849]

I will put it in the post this afternoon, you will receive it tomorrow and I will expect a full refund tomorrow. I’m agreeing to this because I have not got the time to keep going back and forth with you when it suits.

PS. when you say charger, I presume you me mean the cable as I haven’t received the plug?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.