1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Check - Sony TA-FA5ES

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kuni D, Jul 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Kuni D

Kuni D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey all, just wondering what my Sony amp is worth, as I'm looking to sell it to fund a 2nd HC setup.

I've got a Sony ES series integrated amplifier (TA-FA5ES), but I have no idea how much to sell this beast for.

I bought it in the summer of '99 - no warranty left, but its in perfect working order, no scratches, mint condition.

Here are the specs (all I could find online :( )

DIN 4:2 x 135W
    DIN 8:2 x 90W
    All-FET amplification with MOS-FET and Junction FET
    Torus Toroidal Transformer
    Twin Monoaural Construction
    Frame & Beam Chassis
    6 LINE IN, MM/MC phono input
    Rec out selector
    Audio system remote commander

To give you a rough idea of what it looks like (I'll take pictures of mine when I get back in town)

The one I'm looking to sell is black mind, not gold as displayed -

[​IMG]

As mentioned I've had it since the summer of 1999, and its worked flawlessly - Initially had it driving a pair of B&W DM601 S1's, although now its got some floor standing 602.5 S3's hooked up to it.

No boxes or manuals (lost or chucked during a loft/attic clearout), just the amp and the remote.

Solid construction,(what you'd expect from the ES series, the bugger weighs 20KG), and great sounding; TBH I love it to bits, and I'd keep it, but need the funds to get an AV reciever.

What do you all think?

2. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I saw the model below this one for sale a few months back for £120 I think. I'm guessing black is worth less than gold but should still be worth £150-200 IMO. Might be worth trying it on ebay and providing links to reviews if you can.

3. Kuni D

Kuni D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Spoke to the guys in Sevenoaks Hifi Bristol, and they thought around £400 (doh! cost me over £800 new :( )

It'll have to do I suppose... hmmm Denon 3803... drool