Price Check Plse!

MyBoxLife

Thinking of finally getting rid of my XBOX bits, and would like some feedback on what you think it may all be worth?

1/ A crystal XBOX, v1.6, fitted with a Xecuter3 Chip, Xtender kit, and faceplate with switches and LCD. It has the standard MS HDD and a 200GB HDD fitted, selectable via the switches on the faceplate, with the functionality to fit a further HDD, which would again, be selectable via the faceplate switches, and all that would be required to get the third HDD working, would be to replace the current IDE cable with a 4 Device IDE Cable, like the one here; 48in 4 Device IDE Cable at Cables4computer. It comes with a JoyTech 6" XBOX TFT colour screen, like the one pictured here; 6.0 TFT Monitor with SRS/RGB: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games, but in the same colour as the XBOX, i.e. crystal. The crystal coloured JoyTech TFT is the only one I've ever encountered, and trust me I searched; hours spent on the internet, emails to JoyTech, with no success, so how it came to be, I have no idea :D! The XBOX is currently connected via one of the MS replacement power cables, which feeds through a chunky box; supposed to prevent it from blowing-up or something :rotfl:, and Monster's GameLink 400 X Component Video with Analog Audio, and LightWave 100 X Fiber Optic Cable. I'll make note of the controllers further down!

2/ A black XBOX, latest version, I expect a v1.6 again, boxed, complete, and new, so including a single controller and standard cables. To either be used for spares, or as a second console :).

3/ More, more, more ...

a/ 6x black MS S controllers.
b/ Crystal coloured MS S controller (Faulty).
c/ Logitech wireless controller and receiver (Temperamental).
d/ 2x MadCatz wireless controllers and receivers, crystal and orange (Temperamental).
e/ Logic3 PXP417 Tri format arcade stick.
f/ Iconic RGT:G1 light gun; ICONIC CORPORATION - Innovations for Life :D.
g/ Logitech cordless headset; Amazon.co.uk: Logitech Cordless Headset (Xbox): PC & Video Games.
h/ SmartJoy Frag adapter for keyboard and mouse connectivity, still sealed.
i/ XBOX Music Mixer game with MadCatz microphone, still sealed.
j/ XBOX DVD remote and receiver.
k/ Black coloured JoyTech 6" XBOX TFT colour screen.
l/ Complete softmod kit, including the original Mechassault game.
m/ 3rd party cable / connector, to connect the XBOX via component and optical, would have to dig for it to provide more info.
n/ VGA connector, to connect the XBOX to a PC screen, again, would have to dig for it to provide more info.

Don't think I've forgotten anything, but I may have. :cool:

It's all either new, like new, damn close to being like new, or otherwise mentioned. :D Some really rare bits, and I'd expect it would better suit a buyer that's willing to spend the extra to have what Joe Blogs doesn't, but it's still a XBOX, so what do you think?

Boon72

not much.

psflynn

Novice Member
hi

i would be interested in the softmod kit. is it just a mem card and the game, or an action replay unit?

will the component lead allow 480p, 720p ?

Cheers

Paul

MyBoxLife

hi

i would be interested in the softmod kit. is it just a mem card and the game, or an action replay unit?

will the component lead allow 480p, 720p ?

Cheers

Paul

It's not for sale at the moment, it'll go to the classifieds with a price if it does go on sale, and yes, it's the full softmod kit; action replay, memory card, and needed game, and both component kits allow for HD.

Cheers.

psflynn

Novice Member
hi,

can you give me a rough idea of when it will be up for sale?

cos im a bit impatient when i decide i want something!!!

MyBoxLife

hi,

can you give me a rough idea of when it will be up for sale?

cos im a bit impatient when i decide i want something!!!

Probably not for awhile, if all it'll be worth is peanuts, you best looking elsewhere. :hiya:

scumball

Distinguished Member
Thinking of finally getting rid of my XBOX bits, and would like some feedback on what you think it may all be worth?

1/ A crystal XBOX, v1.6, fitted with a Xecuter3 Chip, Xtender kit, and faceplate with switches and LCD. It has the standard MS HDD and a 200GB HDD fitted, selectable via the switches on the faceplate, with the functionality to fit a further HDD, which would again, be selectable via the faceplate switches, and all that would be required to get the third HDD working, would be to replace the current IDE cable with a 4 Device IDE Cable, like the one here; 48in 4 Device IDE Cable at Cables4computer. It comes with a JoyTech 6" XBOX TFT colour screen, like the one pictured here;
6.0 TFT Monitor with SRS/RGB: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games, but in the same colour as the XBOX, i.e. crystal. The crystal coloured JoyTech TFT is the only one I've ever encountered, and trust me I searched; hours spent on the internet, emails to JoyTech, with no success, so how it came to be, I have no idea :D! The XBOX is currently connected via one of the MS replacement power cables, which feeds through a chunky box; supposed to prevent it from blowing-up or something :rotfl:, and Monster's GameLink 400 X Component Video with Analog Audio, and LightWave 100 X Fiber Optic Cable. I'll make note of the controllers further down!
£80

2/ A black XBOX, latest version, I expect a v1.6 again, boxed, complete, and new, so including a single controller and standard cables. To either be used for spares, or as a second console :).
£20

3/ More, more, more ...

a/ 6x black MS S controllers £5 each
b/ Crystal coloured MS S controller (Faulty). £0
c/ Logitech wireless controller and receiver (Temperamental). £0
d/ 2x MadCatz wireless controllers and receivers, crystal and orange (Temperamental). £0
e/ Logic3 PXP417 Tri format arcade stick. £5
f/ Iconic RGT:G1 light gun; ICONIC CORPORATION - Innovations for Life :D. £10
g/ Logitech cordless headset;
Amazon.co.uk: Logitech Cordless Headset (Xbox): PC & Video Games.
h/ SmartJoy Frag adapter for keyboard and mouse connectivity, still sealed. £5
i/ XBOX Music Mixer game with MadCatz microphone, still sealed. ??
j/ XBOX DVD remote and receiver. £5
k/ Black coloured JoyTech 6" XBOX TFT colour screen. £10
l/ Complete softmod kit, including the original Mechassault game. £10
m/ 3rd party cable / connector, to connect the XBOX via component and optical, would have to dig for it to provide more info. Monster/IXOS £7-£10 Other £5
n/ VGA connector, to connect the XBOX to a PC screen, again, would have to dig for it to provide more info. X2VGA £15-£20 Other ??

MyBoxLife

Good post scumball, cheers, so I could possibly expect around the £200 mark for it all, ... gives me something to think about.

crocodilemick

Standard Member
I woudlnt hold your breath for £200, you could build a very capable HTPC for that much (which is all the old XBOX is good for now), I'd have said closer to 100-120.

MyBoxLife

I woudlnt hold your breath for £200, you could build a very capable HTPC for that much (which is all the old XBOX is good for now), I'd have said closer to 100-120.

I think £200 has a better sound to it :rotfl:, thanks for your input, ... probably either try it on the Bay, or just keep it for historical reasons. :D:hiya:

bazray

Standard Member
I think around £100 is closer to the mark.

I just got 6 xboxes for £40, a quick laser clean and as good as new :)

Slapaham

I think on Xboxes now, you will always spend more on it than its actually worth if you're modding it! I mean, I've been picking stuff up recently to do another mod and I can guarentee it will end up costing me more than if I just bought someone's pre-modded xbox with all the same bits and pieces. Probably a fair bit more. But I'm not in it for making money, I just love messing around doing it - plus personal projects are always a lot more satisfying - you know you made it the way you wanted it and you can really personalise it!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom